Ceramic insulator cone under phono stage shocker!

I have used small ceramic insulator cones underneath my phono stage for quite some time.
Previous phono was a Gold note ph10 and it did not make ANY audible difference I could detect which way up the cones were so I had left them cone upwards.

When I changed my phono to a Manley Chinook I just left the cones same way.
This afternoon I decided to flip them over so cone down just to see.

I honestly could not and cannot believe the difference!
I may have lost a smidge of low bass but everywhere else is improved in spades.
Much more detail, resolution, air, imaging, dynamics.
Just completely shocking how much better a small change has made.

But I am perplexed why such a huge change on the Chinook where I noted nothing on the ph10?

Any theories here?
128x128uberwaltz
The type of my spring and how many springs to use is a function of the load and the center of gravity COG height above the springs. For moderate loads like uber’s Subwoofer, 4 of my Baby Prometheans will suffice but for heavy loads above, say, 75 LB use Super Stiff Springs, 4 of which will support loads up to 100-120 LB. For a load of 60 LB use 5 Baby Prometheans. For even heavier loads add as many springs as necessary, given 30 LB per inch rating. For tall speakers accommodations must be made for the high center of gravity.

Give me the proper spring and I will isolate the world.
@geoffkait ,

I own some of your SSS (Super Stiff Springs), I also own a slightly heavier rated spring/s from www.Grainger.com They look similar. Is there any difference?

I also own a set of 4 cryo’d babies, for complete disclosure.