Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?

With the exception of some of there tube gear, not many really use this stuff(or admit to it anyway), I am mainly referring to there amps. They look pleasant, they look good on paper and have the price of high end gear, but I seldom hear anyone claiming to like or one day dreaming of owning McIntosh. I have never really listened to there stuff, no good word of mouth sort of scares me away from it, the only people who like it are those who sell it, an uncanny coincidence? I don’t know. Sorry it this has been covered many times in the past, I ran a search and could not find anything.
tireguy
i worked in a world class studio with a lead tech who built princes paisley park studios and the studio owner is a very well respected engineer who now has his own line of high end speakers now, he also designed the main speakers, guess what powered them? McIntosh!!! 
 so some of your music you listen to through your classe or levinson amps was mixed listening through Mc's
This thread is a joke. First tireguy asks this bone head question why no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?where does this question come from, How does he know no audio enthusiasts use Mac, has he scaled the world over and been in every Audiophiles listening room? As for all the negative responses trying to give their two cent worth of why this is I just LOL out loud.
I have owned a few Mac amps in the past,don’t own any at this time,but their last few generations are some of the best amps I’ve heard. 
I'm taking this thread into 2019! I currently own a Mac 6700 receiver and a MT 5 turntable and I've been happy with both of them. I personally like being able to dial in the trebble and bass from the remote when listening to old records. Most higher end amps don't offer this feature. When I had a problem with one of the meters sticking, Mac took care of it under warranty. It's near impossible today to audition any high end gear in your home from boutique companies. I'm confident and happy in my purchae of Mac gear. There is a definate a pride in oenership. 
I have a restored pair of MC40 monoblocks from around 1962, makes them about 57 years old. Picked them up and restored them fairly cheaply. I can't really afford Mac gear. I use a 36 year old ARC SP8 as a preamp and a set of old Altec horn speakers that I modded.
I've swapped other amps in and out of the system but the Mac's always come back, listening to them as I type. No matter what I have tried I always come back to the MC40's. They are that good.
BillWojo

I think much of this discussion assumes there is a specific "Mac sound". Since I've listened to only one Mac amp in my life I don't honestly know. But I'd guess if you lined up 10 different models of Mac amps you'd get 10 different sounding amps. Some may even sound more like a brand different from Mac. Can't prove it without doing it. But I wouldn't be the least surprised that's the case. And if that is indeed the case, chances are pretty good if there is one Mac amp you don't like there is another Mac amp that you will. There is a chance I could be wrong about this. But I've never been wrong about anything before...ahem.