To those running Klipsch Forte IIIs...

What is your setup?
What have you learned?
What loudspeaker did you come from? 
Have you experimented with placement, sources, cables, etc.? 

The Forte IIIs are such a keeper.  I've enjoyed the journey with them and before I move on I'll exhaust possibilities with them first. 

Let your thoughts run...
128x128jbhiller
I see my 1 glass of wine- long winded response  may of had nothing to do with  your question , other than my personal search for a better sound  from a  supposedly  better hi end speaker actually lead me back to a  much lower end speaker   that  had a much better emotional sound  that engaged me like no other speaker does .I was in Portland Or in July , there is  a Hifi  shop that sells Focal and Harbeth and others , got to  hear the Focal  sopra 2 and maybe I was tired   or something , maybe spoiled or maybe I just need to hear them next to my Fortes  to understand what they can do for me . I was bored ..

I am hoping my next purchase is a LM 219ia , used of course  .There's a tiny tube amp shop in Phx that sells them new , $8K .They now come in 2 pieces  because of the weight .:)
JBhiller , I think you were a little offended , your response sort of suggest it .
jbhiller....you were offended, and I am sorry for that. I am a somewhat educated guy. When I read a statement such as yours, saying " before I move on ", I take it to mean one thing, and one thing only. So, say what you want. If you are able to sit, listen, and stay engaged in your musical selections, while listening to your Forte IIIs, excellent. This was very gracefully pointed out, by our Heresy III leader, wolf. I do not know you....but....I do know you, and many like you, more than you think. Want to improve the Forte IIIs, for very little money, and a bit of time ? Remove the mid horns, and apply to them, from the rears, equally, and systematically, some Dynamat, and you will hear some improvements throughout the entire spectrum. For some, this is subtle, for others, dramatic. If you are asking why a new 4K, Forte III, would need improvements....Everything is made to a price point. Just like the crossovers. BTW, and excellent speaker, has shown me subtle, and dramatic differences in upstream equipment, cables, fuses, etc. Based on the high efficiency and sensitivity of the Klipsch, it is easily more apparent. So, good for you. Enjoy ! and let's all stay engaged....MrD.
No worries Mr. D!  

I'd bet the markup on the F III would be $1-2k if better components were used.  I know that caps have really impacted my budget when building tube amps.  And they do make a difference in my opinion, which sounds similar to what I think your view is too. 

Never have been a fan of Klipsch speakers and the Forte is no different. You can improve this speaker, but I dont think you can do anything to make it even remotely competitive with many speakers in this price range in the areas of reproduction which I feel are most important.