Why Do Schumann Resonators Work?

Schumann Resonators are little boxes you plug into the wall that produce electromagnetic radiation tuned to 7.83 Hz. This is the frequency that the earth/atmosphere system “rings” at when the Earth is struck by lightning. It is also a common frequency your brain “ticks” at.

When employed in the listening room, many people claim it makes their audio sound better. If this is true, then what is the mechanism of action?

-Is it a matter of the resonator producing a more relaxed mental state?
-Does it help block or alter electromagnetic interference?
-Does it add its own electromagnetic interference to your system that just so happens to be pleasing?

I experimented with one recently and what I noticed is that it seemed to remove some of the high frequency nasties or what some might call “digital glare” (although digital glare can also show up in analog systems). When I made this observation, the resonator was placed right next to my power strip that my CD player, preamp and some other devices are plugged into.

My “proof” of the effect is that I could turn the volume up louder than usual without it sounding “too loud.” The sound levels of the system weren’t any quieter, it’s just that the digital glare was reduced so that I could go louder before thinking “this is too loud,” which usually isn’t a sound level thing per se but the point as which some frequency (often the highs) become irritating.

So who here has experience with these devices? Do you like them? Does anyone know why they work?
128x128mkgus
wlutke
geoffkait,
I understand. My point being broadcast electromagnet spectrum vs that which requires a conductor to propagate (DC to sub radio.) Yes, electromagnetic audio frequencies can be transmitted through wire but there is no wave transmitted, only current through, and a field about, a wire. How can a 7.83 Hz signal be broadcast into a room without a carrier wave?

>>>>You’re losing me, not all EM waves require a conductor. Look not further than cell phones, TV signals, NASA transmission through free space to the Moon or to command Voyager, Mars Lander, etc. and the ELF transmissions. It’s the same with the natural Schumann EM wave and the artificial one, they’re both transmission through free space and air. Just like microwaves.

As for the current and the wave - the current is the wave. Wave hello! 🤗 The audio waveform is not traveling down the wire, only the current and voltage. The audio frequencies - the audio waveform - the speakers generate in the room is determined by how fast the alternating current (EM wave) alternates on the two wires + and -.
A remark: my five S.G. has a light flashing indicating that they are in function, I match them in pair, except one, and the pairs synchronized, the flashing light seems to adjust with one another...

For me atmosphere of the room seems transformed by this E.M. Schumann waves, more than that the stones that interacted with a S.G. near him or better connected to him has an effect on the sound quality and it is simple to verify that, if you change the connecting specific stones...For me the S.G. amplified the filtering effect of my crystals and stones and it is very audible...More than that the characteristic of a stone in his acoustical filtering effect of the noise level is different for each stones and this effect audible without the S.G. is amplified by the S.G.....

Then there is the piezo-electrical effect, regular or reverse, yes, but there is a particular modality of filtration of the noise level that is different for each stones amplified by the S.G....

For me the S.G. is the most spectacular audiophile product at low cost(chineese usb one) especially linked with crystals and stones...
It is better to install 5 small one in a room at different height and location than only a costly one is my guess and experience....

Does the flashing light mean it is working or it is trying to work?  Big difference.

geoffkait,
"not all EM waves require a conductor."
The 7.83 Hz one does.
"As for the current and the wave - the current is the wave. Wave hello!"
Sure.  So how does that wire confined "wave" broadcast into the room? hello!?  
wlutke, we are not on the same page. I actually don’t think we’re even in the same book. This conversation can serve no porpoise any more. 🐬