To those running Klipsch Forte IIIs...

What is your setup?
What have you learned?
What loudspeaker did you come from? 
Have you experimented with placement, sources, cables, etc.? 

The Forte IIIs are such a keeper.  I've enjoyed the journey with them and before I move on I'll exhaust possibilities with them first. 

Let your thoughts run...
128x128jbhiller
I cam from Vandersteen Quatro CT's and although 1/4 the price, I'm happier. They have a "live" sense that is absolutely AWOL on most speakers, regardless of price. I have tried  tinned copper cables (Duelund) because Paul Klipsch used them but for me the Audioquest cables I used from the Vandies were more to my liking. I've tried solid state integrated known to be a fantastic match with them (Yamaha A-S2100), a class D amp (Parasound zonemaster2350), and the Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III with all Telefunken input tubes in triode mode. For me, the Cronus Magnum III is a stellar match and the phono stage in it is quite good. They are hypersensitive to placement and depending on how lively or dead your room is, toe in and distance to back wall are important. Although most put them close to the back wall, I believe my front baffle is about 54 inches away from the back wall. I have 2 massive subwoofers in the corners that I now leave off as I'm getting ridiculously great bass from them.
   I usually don't post (or even look at the forums anymore) but was really curious myself about people's experience with them and hoping more people will chime in. I think these are worth the time and effort to get right (and I've been churning gear for the last decade at a break neck pace-which I'm not proud of but was looking for that "live" feel all along and glad I came across the Fortes).
I've been using the same old pair on Klipsch kg 5.2 since new 1992 , then last year I upgraded to Harbeth c7s  , ( it was an upgrade cuss alll the forums and other info stated so as Harbeth being in the top 10 or so as best you can buy  )  and after 6 months  of Harbeth   listening  , I dragged out my old  Kg5.2 and did a a/b switch    comparison  and there was No comparison , I mean , these old 1992 $900 a pair Klipsch took my breath away  .As I have stated before , toss out all the adjectives used to describe the perfect sound in speakers and go  for  the one that moves you  emotionally , after all , what move do we make that is not emotionally  driven .For me it's certainly not  what others are gonna tell me what to look for in a speaker sound , especially now that I have heard Harbeth and  cheap old Klipsch side by side
If you are the type to sit down and spend  time  doing some extreme critical  listening ,   then you'll wnat to shop around  for a pair  or just read  the forums and buy based on someones  emotional  experiences 
expressed through fancy adjectives.I live for  those  moments  that the music will move me and I'll stop what I am doing and think , wow , that was amazing , that's what Klipsch does  for me  and that's why I now have a pair of Forte 3 powered by an old Yammie Av receiver  and Heresy 3  in my office powered by a Primaluna .Really , only one Heresy (still using theKG5.2)  is in my office and the other is still boxed in garage  . Some day I'll drag it in .Dromme in Sedona

If anyone is familiar with me, and my posts, I will remind everyone here, that given the price points, and the easy and inexpensive way many Klipsch models can be improved upon, they are more musical, and enjoyable, to most anything else out there......And, I have been stating this for over 50 years now...My statement above, was based on the fact, that jbhiller was ready to move on...So many audiophiles, cannot " sit and listen ", because their systems are not musically engaging. Obviously, the other posters here, Klipsch owners, are engaged. Enjoy ! MrD.
My Heresy IIIs are a less expensive cousin of the  Fortes, and need subs (which I have), but man...what amazingly well designed fat little gems these things are, and I agree with the esteemed mister "d" as these things steal big chunks of my time every day.