Why Do Schumann Resonators Work?

Schumann Resonators are little boxes you plug into the wall that produce electromagnetic radiation tuned to 7.83 Hz. This is the frequency that the earth/atmosphere system “rings” at when the Earth is struck by lightning. It is also a common frequency your brain “ticks” at.

When employed in the listening room, many people claim it makes their audio sound better. If this is true, then what is the mechanism of action?

-Is it a matter of the resonator producing a more relaxed mental state?
-Does it help block or alter electromagnetic interference?
-Does it add its own electromagnetic interference to your system that just so happens to be pleasing?

I experimented with one recently and what I noticed is that it seemed to remove some of the high frequency nasties or what some might call “digital glare” (although digital glare can also show up in analog systems). When I made this observation, the resonator was placed right next to my power strip that my CD player, preamp and some other devices are plugged into.

My “proof” of the effect is that I could turn the volume up louder than usual without it sounding “too loud.” The sound levels of the system weren’t any quieter, it’s just that the digital glare was reduced so that I could go louder before thinking “this is too loud,” which usually isn’t a sound level thing per se but the point as which some frequency (often the highs) become irritating.

So who here has experience with these devices? Do you like them? Does anyone know why they work?
128x128mkgus
Pop quiz - Fact or Fiction? Schumann frequency generators were installed on some NASA Shuttle vehicles. 
That’s not gonna work as the central area of the discussion is in a speculated area.

You can’t ask for the end when the complex middle is yet to be filled out.

This is still in the information gathering and hypothesis stage.

Contesting it before the scenario of investigation fleshes itself out (necessarily over time) is anti-scientific, almost designed to dogmatize the whole thing into book learned circular endings. that’s social, and political - as aims and endings in control of people and ideas... and is not science.

A frighteningly common trait of the negative proofing dogmatic mind. it’s generally someone who was not trained as a scientist, but of someone who was trained as an engineer. That’s the area of endeavor of the dogmatic mind and has no place in science. That type of mindset is ok for dealing with engineering or the texts of engineering and of course... building/repeating stuff for people to use, but has nothing to do with real science.

Where science, by definition is the open end of the unknown, unproven and unscripted, the stuff not yet in the texts. Massive, critical, fundamental as differences go. Yet few note it.

Again, the text, the dogma, the evil comparitor...which is for engineers and people catching up, or for makers (the engineers). Texts...are for people who are running down the path to that leading edge, where all the facts in the texts and the record... when that edge is reached..all the dogmatic engineering texts full of facts and formulae.. automatically return to their true reality, which is that of being solely theory. Engineers are trained with facts; the idea of a fact, is a reformation of theory FOR for engineers. Scientists are trained with theory, yet the data set is the same.

The engineering is a builder, the scientist is a searcher. Each is literally trained and informed as such type and such text and mind, separately... by academia - purposely so. Huge difference. Facts end in circular logic and terminate in infinite repetition and is a dead thing (engineering oriented). Theory allows for the new and beginnings - an open world that has a mutable, changeable, infinite future.(science oriented)

That’s how science vs engineering works, basically.

So.. don’t bring a dogmatic engineering negative proofing mind and thought process ---- to a science fight. It is totally bassackwards to do so.

However, it is easy to conflate the two inappropriately as the dogmatic engineering mind necessarily runs throughout our lives in various fundamental ways, due to how the human mind works.

This is definitely a science fight: lots of unknowns, lots of data, and difficulties in finding or knowing even the edges of testing and proofing regimen.

I could even go on to explain how we arrived at this problem, how it developed ..throughout the history and creation of modern academia... but that is another post.

mapman
References to support claims of benefits would help.

>>>>Really? Who would you believe? There are plenty of rave reviews of Acoustic Revive Schumann generators going all the way back to around 15 years ago. Would those be helpful to you? 🙄

Here’s a review of the Acoustic Revive RR-888 Schumann frequency generator in Stereo Times. Check it out. I have not read it myself. I don’t know what it might say.

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/acoustic-revive’s-rr888-schumann-resonance-generator
I use one in my room and it most definitely works as advertised.The soundstage is deeper,wider,quieter..with a more pristine/clean sounding character..with what I would call sounding more like.. less overall RFI distortion or jitter. Of course,we all hear differently and like all things audio... ymmv