What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
My original point George was that you never accept anyone's experience with Class D as valid

And why should I, if you search I've listened to plenty, I will go with what I hear and what independent measured results show about their ability into these sorts of loads, before I ever believe your subjective opinion on them, you've probably never used on on this sort of "evil load" speaker.

As history shows you keep starting Class-D threads to get some conformation or reco on what you hear yourself, because "maybe" your not too sure about Class-D 

@erik_squires 

I've never seen you pass an opportunity to tell some one who says they like class D why they should not. If there is anything you are passionate about here it seems to be correcting people who like Class D.
And you never 'pass an opportunity' to dump on Pass Labs (or Spectral), so that makes you a hypocrite. Eric, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If you can dump on Pass Labs or Spectral, than certainly George has every right to dump on Class-D. You cannot have it both ways...

Hi @golfnutz

Wow, huge difference in my dislike for particular brands, and being on a crusade.

I’ve never disrespected anyone for liking Pass. I’ve never told them they were wrong.

I have however said that Pass was not to my taste, for reasons I don’t fully understand, and honestly I write so little about Spectral I’m not sure what I said. It was probably something like I just didn’t do that much for me, but very glad there are readers like you here who track my writing so much. Kind of makes me blush.

Usually my comments about Pass are related to people asking for alternatives. In fact I have at times recommended people listen to Pass and Ayre as counterpoints and buy what they like.

Please point to where some one has asked for the best Pass amp, and I’ve been there telling them they were wrong.

Also, please point to a single post about anything where I tell some one their tastes were wrong. I may not agree with what you like, but I am nothing if not supportive of individuals buying what they like.

And that is a major place George and I are different. I think you should buy what sounds good. George on the other hand wants to pull out review after review proving to people what they like is wrong.

There’s nothing hypocritical there golf.

Further, I don’t attempt to bring out technical data (say distortion) and make a claim that the measurement automatically proves my like/dislike for a brand / model is because of it. In fact, that is kind of key. Sometimes Class D measures differently than a linear amp. That’s very different than saying it sounds better or worse, and that’s where George refuses to accept any of the countless suggestions from a’goners to show how one connects to the other.

Sometimes I know a measurement that is related to my tastes, or a listener’s experience, often I do not, or after listening find there is no correlation.

After multiple polite suggestions from many a’goners for George to stick to specifics. Specific models, specific experience, he has a real time doing that, and instead relies on tropes.
Nothing wrong with George saying "I heard brand x model Y and I did not like it for these reasons." Would love to read that, because those Class D fans are making their cases with specific models, features and sound qualities, something George has pretty much ignored.

Another pattern I find useful is "Hey, for x amount of dollars, have you listened to Y brand? I really like them more." and if I am guilty of this, fine.

Here is an example of me being not George, after an A'goner asked for help with integrateds :

Luxman, Ayre and for budget comparison Arcam.

Pass, Luxman and Ayre will give you distinctly different results, so I think they are worth listening to. If you like tubes, I really like the latest gen ARC integrateds.

Of course, I bought a Luxman and I stand by my decision. :)

If you think that sounds like me bashing Pass, I don't know what to tell you.

Best,

Erik
George,
You said "This Stereophile’s JA’s statement, is the typical case where a 25w amp like the ML2’s with doubling capable wattage current will drive a pig of a load like these Alexia’s and the OP’s speaker "to a given level" with perfection better than any 3000w class-d can."  OK, "drive" is the issue you are concerned with, to the exclusion of the much more important question of what an amp SOUNDS like.  A more powerful engine will DRIVE a truck better than a smaller engine, but this is irrelevant to what people here care about.  My Mytek Brooklyn will have problems DRIVING a very low impedance inefficient speaker to very loud levels.  SO WHAT?  At 1 to 100 watts, it kills the ML2 for resolution.

Your Mytec below measured by Stereophile, could even get it up into 2ohms at all.

Stereophiles JA’s summation, "practical use with speakers whose impedance doesn’t drop below 3 ohms."
No good at all with the OP’s speakers we are talking about here.

245W into 8 ohms
315Wpc into 4 ohms
when I tried to measure the clipping power into 2 ohms, the Mytek went into protection mode at 310W (18.9dBW),