Schitt Yggdrasil Vs. Bluenode 2i (Shock!)

I am having a bit of a dilemma. I recently added a Node 2i to my setup to be used primarily as a streamer. My digital rig consists of
- Amp: Rogue Stereo 100 (GE and Amperex Nos tubes)
- Preamp: Primaluna Evo 100 (GE and RCA cleartops Nos tubes)
- DAC: Latest model of Schiit Yggdrasil
- Speakers: Monitor Audio Platinum 100 II
- Analog & digital Interconnects: Audioquest Silver Extreme
- Speaker cables: Audioquest Rocket 44
- Power cables are all stock, and no attention has been paid to power supply

I had been pretty satisfied with my setup after breaking in the Yggy; I subsequently added the Node 2i and was using it as a dedicated streamer and never bothered using it as a DAC. A buddy of mine who is contemplating the node 2i came over and I offered to use the Node DAC on my system so he could get a sense of the performance. I was initially pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded, but the shock came when I started doing A/B comparisons with the Yggy and I honestly could not hear the difference between the 2 DACs. I subsequently spent the last few days comparing them and I still can't discern a difference. So my question is
- Is the Node 2i just that good?
- Or is my system not transparent enough to highlight the difference?
- Or are my ears are just not sensitive enough to pick up the difference?
- Do I need to invest in more expensive power cables and supply?

I'm interested to hear from others who have had experiences with these DACs or similar, because I'm seriously contemplating putting my Yggy up for sale.
arize84
Agree with above. Same for my Sonos.  Such high jitter sent to DAC. With Wyred4Sound modified Sonos a better DAC made a significant difference. 
I run the Node 2i into the Yggdrasil A2/5 and it no way sounds the same as the Node 2i separate using its own internal DAC, it is a decent DAC using BB1505 chips and sounds good. I bought it specifically to run into my DAC to eliminate USB from a computer.
All cabling, everything is WyWires. I use the Wireworld Electra mini for Power on the Blusound. The cabling combination Electra PC (WiWire Litespeed Silver SPDIF) on it is more $ than the Bluesound Node 2i. It all matters.

But we all have different systems and ears.
I definitely heard a difference between the onboard Node Dac and an Ayre Codex.
The Schiit Yggy is pretty close to the Codex sound wise.
Considering your system, I would think the cabling might need some upgrading. You'd be surprised how much you can get out of cables-over the stock cables.
Bob
Thanks for your feedback. A lot of cable suggestions here. I want to start with upgrading the coaxial cable and then moving on to the interconnects if necessary. The important thing I'm taking away is my setup definitely needs some tweaking. I will report back when I have updated the coax cable. In the meantime, I will be happy to get any additional digital cable suggestions.
Coax I use is 75 ohm blue jean cable from Node 2i to Yggdrasil works great. Biggest improvement however was with Triode Wire Labs Digital American Power Cable for the Yggdrasil. TWL allows a trial period if you decide to return the PC. Good luck.