45 degree placement in squarish room?

Hi, has anyone had good results, or thoughts, on 45 degree speaker placement? I've been experimenting with several brands in a 14 by 15 room, and it's much better than I would have expected. Any thoughts?
Take care
Chas
chashas1
Yup, diagonal placement in a squareish room often works quite well.

You might also try 15 or 20 degrees - in other words, asymmetry. In some cases this is a net improvement; the bass may end up smoother, and the ear generally likes for the reflections arriving at each ear to be somewhat dissimilar (according to Floyd Toole's book).

Duke
dealer/manufacturer/occasional dabbler in semi-diagonal geometries
I suppose you are referring to toe-in. My main room is 14x15 and my ESP speakers are designed to have a 45 degree angle into the listening area. I also use quite a bit of toe-in on the speakers in my secondary system but not as much as 45 degrees. I would venture to say that most speakers would not be able to present a credible soundstage and a balanced response at that extreme angle. The exceptions would be speakers specifically designed for corner loading like Audio Note or Klipsch.

By contrast, the N802's setup in the same room require very little toe-in and sound just plain wrong when set up with a lot of toe-in.
Thanks guys. No, rhljazz, I was referring to setup on two adjacent walls, the corner of the two being the center point. (I do agree with you, however.)
I'm still puzzled by the degree of depth, clarity, richness and rightness of bass, and just overall musicality it's presenting. Who knew?