Speaker toe in

Has anyone heard of The Tannoy Method used for speaker tie in? I have a picture I wish I could upload showing this method used on some Acoustic Research speakers. The speakers are toed in quite a bit past the listening axis. Is there a benefit? One person claims it take the room out of the equation. Thoughts?
128x128luvrockin
What Kenjit meant to say is do what he did and sell your system and buy a casio radio because no speaker has been tuned to your ear and personal preferences. 

The casio radio requires no toe in...
It won't take the room completely out of the equation, but it may reduce the intensity of the side wall reflections.

Also, many speakers have tweeters which just sound better off-axis, instead of pointed directly at you. Toeing in so they cross in front of you can benefit both issues, and is a good trick for small space with live rooms.  Too much of this and you risk the same issue but from the back wall.

Of course, one of the first things you should consider is room acoustics, and I always recommend GIK acoustics products and advice.

Best,
Erik