Is integrated the future for 2 channel audiophiles?

More and more integrated hitting the shelves. Although, there are plenty of dedicated preamps, I have just noticed lots of increased discussions over the past 2 years for integrated amps. 

In general, consumers are downsizing. Baby boomers retiring and going to smaller homes. Millennials and gen z prefer smaller homes as well ( in general - there are always exceptions). 

I think the turntable trendiness has leveled off ( there will always be vinyl fans...I’m talking about the people purchasing because it’s trendy). 

The masses probably favor a/v receivers. However, it seems integrated amp choices has increased quite a bit for 2 channel fans. 

Thoughts?
aberyclark
In some ways integrated if done correctly with the highest quality build can be as good if not better, less interconnects, less power cords , less wire more system synergy .  The Gryphon Diablo 
is a perfect example of this .
The more separates you purchase the more ridiculously expensive wires/cables you need to purchase. 

Mike
Also it's pretty tough to isolate components in a single box. I'm currently using a tube amp with a tube line stage and tube phono stage.  What happens if and when I decide I want to try a SS amp with tube line stage?  The flexibility ability and ability individual components has real value to me but I understand that doesn't draw appeal from everyone.
I just don't think you can get it all in one box and come out with the sound quality, at least what I am looking for from my system.
I think it’s kinda natural to make progressions. Like, most start out with AVRs because that’s what Best Buy sells and that’s what they can afford when starting out, and many probably go through a couple over several years. 

Then when ready to move move beyond that, an integrated is logical next step. That’s where I am now. Eventually I suspect next system in 15 yrs will be separates, probably tube. Then my final system 15 yrs after that will probably be back to integrated. Then 15 yrs later I’ll probably be dead ...