Tidal - why only remastered versions?

I am frustrated that when I listen via Tidal that only the remastered version of a cd can be found. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a copyright issue?  I often find the remaster to be worse than the original - particularly as digital gets better. 

Thanks. 
marklindemann
For the music I favor, I frequently see multiples of the albums and many times it's not obvious to me what their differences are unless the M sign or "remastered" etc. This I wish Tidal would change so it's very clear what are the differences between the albums. I think sometimes they're just duplicates that got into the library. Qobuz was the same way.
Tidal - why only remastered versions?

One word, COMPRESSION 

Cheers George
I'm a relatively new subscriber to Tidal and am somewhat surprised about the vastly different sound quality between albums whether original or remastered. Some albums sound great even though playback says  "normal" and others listed as " hi fi " sound poor by comparison. Other albums are obviously mono and one in particular ( Marion McPartland plays Bernstein ) sounds as if it was vinyl as clicks, plops and even stylus noise are very evident. Tidal and Spotify do not seem consistent but maybe Qobuz, when available in Australia could be the answer to better overall sound.
To answer the above post - I haven’t any experience with classical remasters. I would guess that they are the best of the class of remasters given their discriminating audience. What I have heard is that the rock albums I listen to from the 70s and 80s are not as good that have been remastered. I have many of these on cd and the remaster is a different take on the original. Often as others have quipped in - less open, less real, more compressed. 

To me, what I would wish for is that all versions of an album are available. And I think it is a travesty that a remastered version takes the place of the original. 

Storage is cheap. Why does Tidal not offer all versions? I guess not too many people care, but I do. 

Since someone mentioned it, why are some Tidal albums no longer available? The Blue Note 75 for instance is gone (but it's still available on Spotify).