Anybody play any musical instruments...........

....apart from just listening to our favourite artists/musicians on our beloved audio systems? Be it piano, violin, voila, trumpet, saxophone, cello, trombone, electric guitars, acoustic string guitars, drums etc.

My early piano lessons didn't go to waste as I eventually found out that I have a passion for music later on as with most of us here. Some of my buddies who have completed Grade 8 pianoforte years ago have not touched the piano for more than 10 years now and may have forgotten where the C or D note lies on the keyboard(can you believe that). I am fortunate to be able to carry on as much as I spend my time on my hifi rig, as for now.

I occasionally enjoy playing contemporary pieces from David Benoit and Richard Clayderman with a few classical works by Mozart thrown in on my Kawai US50 upright for leisure. "Dad's Room" and "Kei's Song" by David Benoit are some of my favourite pieces.

Any musicians or self-taught musicians here who would care to share what type of instruments you play, and whose works you enjoy playing the most?
ryder
I played woodwinds instruments including clarinet, flute and tenor sax as a kid. I played in the marching band, a jazz group and orchestra throughout high school. It stopped when I graduated and I've only picked up a sax once in the past 35 years.

I took up piano about 3 years ago, something I always wanted to play since I was a kid. I am now working on jazz standards using a fake book and am also working on several Joplin rags and just completed learning my first Chopin Nocturne Opus 9 no 2. Its been a blast, all you need is a piano. With virtually all other instruments it is more fun to play in a band/orchestra.

The reason I posted is that I suspect there are others out there like me that always want to learn to play the piano, it is a most rewarding endeavor. If you do, don't hesitate and no, you're never too old!
Post removed 
Audiophiles in the "Tuning" movement/camp believe hi-fi components are themselves musical instruments. They are mistaken.
Great to see some players among the listeners.  Though I haven't gotten much better over the years, I regularly play music (acoustic guitar, fiddle, banjo & piano) until my fingers fall off.
Ex-pro guitar teacher. Still play six days a week and enjoy every minute of it. Mainly play Blues and Rock ( ala Robin Trower and SRV).