Has anyone finally decided to sell their Turntable and Vinyl collection?

It Maybe a little strange to ask this question here since clearly this is a forum for folks still loving and using Vinyl.
So I am looking for some feedback from folks that play very little of their LPs these days and have decided to sell all of it (or already have). I have thought about it for years seems like a hassle trying to sell your TT and or your record collection, that is mainly why mine stays put (not because I use it).

Anyway if you have sold - (Not if you’re keeping it forever)

Have you regretted it?
Or is to nice to reduce the clutter and happily move on?

Some people would never sell their analog rig and collection, I get that.

dougsat
I start buying vinyl back in Jr. high school...circa 1977. My collection really exploded when I discovered the independent record in Hartford , which was Capitol Records. I got into alternative and punk bands, predominantly English bands. During this time there were so many cool small independent record lables, such as Rough Trade, which became part of Sire. My two favorite lables were 4AD and Play It Again Sam Records.

One big component of these small lables was the EP. Many small band's would break through with a four song EP that would be played on college radio.

Ofcaorse then there was the dance remix of  so many cool songs that could be played in the local dance Goth club. In Boston that sacred space was called Spit...later it became Axis and Tuesday night was the night to be there. The DJ's name was Sean and he wa a Zen master of industrial dance music.

So as a result of clubbing my collection grew exponentially based on what he was spinning...much of this stuff we could get at Tower Records or Newbury Comics.

My collection became quite extensive and a great representation of punk, new wave, and alternative.

By 1996 I was newly married and my son would be born in '98 so my "scenester" days were now in the rear view mirror.

Coincidentally the owners of Mystery Train Records in Boston relocated to Amherst, when we now lived, and since money was tight I regretably began peeling off my collection, which was over 600 pieces by now, and these folks always knew I had something good to cash in or trade for a CD when I walked into the store.

Plus I knew some up and coming Goth kid would treasures these gems as I once did.

I do regret not keeping my beloved favorites.

If you are wondering why my collection was on the small side...well I was Dead head and I was a taper and had  alive bootlet cassette collection of over 600 shows.

I used to buy Memorex XLII by the case... And believe it or not I still have a few hundred left but need to find a new tape deck so I can to play them.

So I may buy a newTT and cassette deck to get back in the game....or not lol.

Playing vinyl is more than just listening to music for late cycle Baby Boomers like me. The ritual of collecting your records, cleaning them, filing them, taking them out, using your anti static brush, brushing your stylus, placing the record on the turntable and listening and getting up to lift the tone arm when the side is done, takes us back to our youth. This is how we always listened to music. It required active involvement. It’s also obviously very analog and nostalgic. I mean, if you are a jazz fan like me and you are listening to Louis Armstrong or Chet Baker or something else of decades gone by, one could even argue that the most appropriate medium to listen to music of that era is vinyl. I am not giving up my turntable and vinyl collection. I may add to it, in fact. I may upgrade my cartridge, too. If I want to discover new music, I will stream and use Roon, which is fantastic for music discovery and sound quality. But vinyl has a place and it’s not all about sound quality. It is the entire experience and how it takes us back to our youth and the era of when the music was made.
Dittos. Hope you got your answer. Can be a PITA sometimes but if you have a pristine copy with the jacket, liner notes and the smell. Yes smell. Nirvana. Smells like teen spirit.
Selling 2500 LPs to help finance a "comedy feature film" would net enough money to hire a grip for half a day. Maybe one light...15 minutes of a steadycam...