Proac D38R with SET amp

Hi

Anyone here has or heard a pair of Proac D38R driven by a SET amp of relatively low 10Ws per channel? I know the Proac website actually states recommended power from 10W onwards but am not sure of how the speakers will sound with 10W.... i listen mainly to jazz, blues, vocals and some classical, in a 13' x19' room.

thanking you in advance for sharing your experience.

best regards
fudgeo
I've heard the Proac D38 mated with 845/211 based SET and they sounded awesome.
I have heard the D38r driven with a 2a3 amp (3w) or so.
Very small room, 3m x 4m. It sounded pretty ok tonally but i felt the amp was not making the most of what those speakers are capable of doing.
I would opt more power if I had the choice.
I would have my doubts about any an amplifier employing a single 2a3 triode/channel. May work if configured in parallel/channel however I still don't believe that it would be a synergistic match.
As mentioned above, the Cary 805's are a fabulous paring with the larger proacs.

Best of luck with your journey.
I used to own a pair of D38's ... and I ran them with (wait for it) ... Cary CAD-805AE monoblocks. These have 50W of power. So is 50W enough? If most of your listening is simple stuff (like female vocals or violin solos) at low volume, 50W is ample. However, if your taste wanders towards large scale music (like Wagner) you will find that the bottom end is a bit lacking and the amplifier regularly runs out of oomph.

I thought the combination was absolutely magical for some types of music, but my dissatisfaction with the inability to project size and scale led me down another path.
Why not use loudspeakers designed for SET use? Only 10 watts? most loudspeakers wouldn't run so well of this but some exist that are designed for such use. Many people expect SET to run most everything and there just asking for system mismatches and grief.