What is your favorite tube type?

With so many tubes that do different things and have different sound profiles, what is your favorite? EL34s wonderful PRaT, KT88/6550s smooth and dimensional sound, lush mids of a 300B, detail of a 2A3 or the huge soundstage of an 845? I am curious which is your favorite. What do you like about it?
128x128verdantaudio
I run 300b's currently and do like what they give in the midrange I like the Gold Lion 300b best ( I will never be able to afford NOS 300b's). But I would say 6550's are one of my fav's they just seem to get the music right. I do like the NOS 6550 best though I found many of the modern ones a little dry sounding but it has been a few years since I had a amp that used them.
I agree with Ralph that implementation outweighs the actual tube. That said, I'm quite pleased with my current NOS Mullard EL34's and slapped some into my guitar amp too. I've always wanted to hear some GM20's.
I'm on my second set of Gold Lion KT88's - running in my PrimaLuna Integrated. I've tried the EL34's, KT120's and 6550's. But the 88's are my fav.
Post removed 
I agree implementation matters.  However, a well designed 300B should sound different than a well designed KT88.  

The origin of this questions stems from a brief discussion in terms of the sound profile of 845s vs 300Bs in two well designed SETs and they do sound quite different.  

It got me wondering how many people are loyal to a brand of amp and explore within the brand vs to a tube type and explore cross brands vs. a pure explorer who wants to hear the best and seek the brand that delivers the best implementation for the tube they are listening too that day.  

I thought i would start off inquiring about tube prefernece and see what people’s thoughts are.