Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Hey nightfall,

Answers to your questions:

1) Mike listened both to a SET 2A3 and Threshold S/350e when he heard the Perfect Set speakers.  Whats' great about them, along with other sonic virtues, they sound superlative with flea watt amps and monster high power/current amps.  I'm driving them right now with a Threshold SA/4e class A two hundred watt/high current over 45 amps and they sound great.  If you are going to play power rock at high dB levels you would want more then 2 to 4 total watts.  However, you might be shocked how well a 2A3 SET can play this type of music through the Perfect Set.

The front of the speaker to where I sit is six feet.  The speakers are four feet off the front wall and at least two feet off the side walls. They are about four and a half feet apart, and there is no back wall behind the sofa.  If you look at my bio on Six Moons you can see a picture of this system.

With 16wpc you won't have any problems, on any music, with volume levels or dynamics. 
Can only comment on the entry level lores . Im not in the states so studied them and built them . Was able to source the drivers , guessed the crossover knowing the bass driver is not crossed .  Drive them with a late 70s luxman 40watt ss . They sound very good , when I say very good they sound as good and better in  ways than my AAD 2001 monitors with older Pass power amp and tube front (which is an amazing system in itself.) 
  The concept is using drivers/cabinet design/sizing/porting that delivers live performance sound and my lore copies do that . I can only imagine the sets with the mid/high design. 
Well I went ahead and ordered the Perfect SET’s today ( my 4th pair of Tekton speakers). With Eric’s help I decided upon the originals over the 15’s and went with the upgrade package (mil-spec internal wiring, Cardas binding posts and upgrades caps). I don’t expect the Perfect SET’s to replace my SE’s but wouldn’t be totally shocked if they did. Hope to have them in a couple of weeks or so. 
@mac480025 You have 4 pairs of Tekton?  Why and what 4?  I have 4 sets, but from different manufacturers.  Today I listened to all 4 and found something I liked in each.  I figure 4 Tekton would have very similar sound coming from same designer.