Best multi channel amp and processor good for 2 channel listening.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions in reference to HT processors.  I am starting from scratch and switching from a Krell S-1000 and S-1500.  I sold the processor a few months back and I going to list here the amp.

I am currently considering the new Bryston 9B3 and the SP4 and decision was based on upgrade ability and warranty. The speakers for HT will be Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and for 2 channel Verity Otello’s.  My second choice was Classe but I was informed that they have all sales on hold, this is concerning.  I have not listened to either, my choice is based on reviews and the Bryston dealer.  My decision was also based they are both good for two channel, I am not set on this but it will help the budget and space.  I am looking for a warm and good over all sound; some might say 3 dimensional sound, clarity is also a factor.  Actually, all I’ve read in reference to Classe fits the bill.  I would like a couple of other choices to include in my short list and opinions are welcome. The budget for the processor and amp is approx. 22k.  

Thanks to all.....
maguiar
Agree with that Rotel RMB-1585 five-channel amp. It's a steal at $3k new. Musically engaging especially for the money. 
Maguiar why don't you look at the Coda gear, the Coda .8 has the same specs as the Pass Labs 30.8 yet costs a lot less, in Home Theater Review they compared this amp to a twice the price pair of Pass Monoblocks and liked the half as expensive Coda to the twice the price Pass Labs.

By the way the Backert stuff is the real deal heard them at CAP and the sound of their system was excellent, word on the street is that Backet's preamps challenge way more expensive ones.

Good luck.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Coda dealers
@audiotroy 

Thanks for the advice, will look into Coda.  

I get a good feeling based on reviews and specs that Backert is good stuff and cheaper than the Pass XP22. I would like to audition it at some point prior to my purchase. I think it would pair nicely with the XA 30.8 and I can save money.
I wonder if they offer loaners for a trial period..
Gentlemen,

Apologies but I’m new to the forum. I have a question and I was hoping some of you could give me your honest opinions. I ordered and put a deposit down on an NADM 17 V2 unit.  This was back in June!. They are apparently still on back order and apparently an ID is having some issues with parts suppliers and something with their Manufacturing in China.  
Originally I was also considering the Lyngdorf  MP-50 but at the time they too were in the process of up upgrading their HDMIs.  
So now Lyngdorf has their new MP-60 processor they just released.  I want a HT professor that also provides good 2 channel performance.   I plan on a 5.2.4 set up .  

I have concerns about the current issues NAD is having.  There is a big difference in price but the Lyngdorf dealer is willing to discount their unit 1k because of the issues with NAD whom they too represent .   Cost aside,  I’m leaning towards the Lyngdorf.  
Please advise
Hi rbgator94,

When I started this thread I was in the dark about all this but I spent a lot of time researching and ended up changing my mind about things. If you read all the above you will see what I mean.  My conclusion was to separate my music from the home theatre since both require different listening preference.  I like my music listening experience to be on the warmer side which will not be ideal for home theatre in my opinión.

After reading and researching and only on that, since I have not auditioned any of them. I believe the Lyngdorf would be a good choice if that is the route you would like to go.  My personal choice for both music and ht would be Plinius or Classe but unfortunately Classe is out of the game, although I believe they still have some stock available.  Also, check out Parasound and you can’t beat the price.

My suggestion is to do your homework since it’s such a big expense and have fun.........