Anyone have a Little Fwend tonearm lifter?

Thinking about buying one of these, was wondering if it was worth $250
tlong1958
Post removed 
I have the Little Fwend. I like it! I got it as a gift from my awesome GF who really knows how to pick a gift. Well, actually, ken at Needle Doctor helped, but a great choice nonetheless!

Anyway I would not call it a good value but it’s well made. I think I’ve had it about two years, since before there were so many options as there are now. Not a bit of trouble with it. Before this, I had the QUp. It worked, but was very fiddly. The plastic would slip and I’d have to adjust after a few hours of play, even when I taped it in place.

The LF has a stick-on metal disc and a very strong magnet. I may adjust once a month or two. It is way smoother than the QUp, which was kind of abrupt, and you can hear it in the tone arm when it clicks. The LF is smooth and dead quiet.

Also, I really like the look. It matches my tone arm and looks like it was there from the factory. As a gift it was perfect, and I think it looks cool. Not sure I’d have bought it myself... but now that I have it I would buy again. Pics posted in my system page. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7144

Is it worth the price? Probably not, but considering the price of some tweaks, it’s not that big of a deal for a nice system.
I have had a Tru-Lift on my SOTA for 30+ years and it's never let me down. They're $275 these days but they have a lifetime warranty.

I installed a Lil' Fwend on my VPI prime at first.  It functions flawlessly.  I don't use and of the supplied discs.  The magnetic base is adequate with the VPI plinth.  Positioning is easy.  The height is adjusted with a 0.9mm Allen key.  It doesn't take much to round the square corners of the soft metal key.  So if VTA changes are going to happen (accompanying cartridge swaps) this could be a concern.  Unless you put in a supply of Allen keys.

I just purchase Tru-Lift as the aesthetic appeal of its design exceeds that of the tapered conical design of the Lil' Fwend.  The Tru-Lift depends on two-sided tape or the Blue Tack that is supplied.  The height is adjusted with a 1/16-inch Allen key.

Both these items function well and smoothly.  As for cost, some are content with a Yugo and some prefer a classic Jag.  An additional layer of protection for a $3k+ MC cartridge stylus is as they say "priceless."