Any Magnepan 1.6 owner who upgraded to 1.7?

Magnepan 1.6 owners, Is the improvement worth upgrading to 1.7?
pinoy6
Now 'yer talkin!
Exactly.

FWIW, PG was not in love with the 1.7s......just FWIW.
The answer to Mofimdaness yse I did a side by side comparison the 1.7s are much better!
Thanks everyone, I think I'm ready to order a pair of 1.7 My local dealer said 3 to 4 months or maybe longer. Thesoundhouse, How long did you wait before you get your 1.7?
I would like to modify the cross-overs on my 1.6 but I donot know how to remove the cover. Could anyone help? Thanks, Cyrus.
Short Answer::
Go to MUG.....'Magnepan Users Group' or Audio Asylum....planar division

Long Answer::
Place Panel on table, connector side up.
Remove stand. Save the 4 screws and any spacers.
On the bottom of the panel there will be hundreds of staples. Best of luck removing them
Carefully pry the wooden side strips up.....BE CAREFUL. there is a tack every couple inches. MARK 'em and Save 'em in a safe place. You might want to do this with the panel still standing?
Unscrew the connector panel.
Pull up the sock......
You should now be able to get to the crossover.
With the sock up higher, carefully note where EACH wire goes. and from WHERE. Take a couple of pictures. More pictures. Have somebody proofread what you just wrote. Speakers are L/R pair...CAUTION. Schematic is on MUG and should be checked against your speaker as you take it apart.

What is the plan? Rebuild with stock design using better parts? Total redo? Go active? Change some values?

Any idea what you're letting yourself in for?

If you have confidence in your amp and listening habits, you may want to bypass the fuse. That is the first mod you should do and can be done without any of the above gymnastics.