FYI: VPI HW-19 motors

Hi

Don't know if it's old news or not...

If anybody needs an older VPI HW-19 motor, they are available directly from the manufacturer, Hurst Motors, in Indiana.
markshvarts
Bob...it could be that the pulley is slipping a little bit
on the motor shaft.

Some of the pulleys had a tiny set screw and some were just
press fitted on. If it has the screw, tighten it. If it
doesn't, push down on the pulley with a little force to
reseat it on the motor shaft.
Thanks to all for the responses. My issue with slowing was solved by a couple of drops of super glue on the spindle which bound the pulley securely--that was where the slipping was occurring. If that didn't work, I would have had my machinist drill and tap for a set screw. Two more issues to address (and I'm listing these for the person two years from now who tries the same upgrade!): 1) I had installed the VPI sorbothane feet to replace the springs but they raised the chassis (and platter) about a 1/4 inch too high for the belt to position correctly. I replaced the old springs and the height is correct. I have ordered some Herbie's Tall Tenderfeet which should be the correct height (and should solve the potential issue of the springs being overly compressed). I could have attempted to modify the VPI feet, but really didn't want to start cutting. 2) I have raised the armboard height by using cork discs as spacers between the acrylic armboard and steel chassis and I have been advised a solid machined metal washer or spacer would be better since the cork will eventually compress and potentially affect the azimuth. So that's left to do. It's been a interesting project!
I realize this is an old thread but I could use some help here. The motor in my HW19 Mk III is no longer working. It's the Hurst 3203-001. I may have found a replacement for the motor but none of the threads I've read mention the pulley. I assume that a replacement motor would not include the pulley. Will the old pulley fit on the Hurst 3203-001? 
Suggestions are appreciated!
best regards to all,
Steve
Yes it will, but for all the info you could want or need on the HW-19 is available on the VPI Forum, which a Google search will lead you to.
I just replaced one, and I had to also get a brass collar from VPI to set the end play on the motor shaft to get the motor quiet enough.   If you want to ensure the good quiet motor, I would pay the premium and order it from VPI.  Hurst does not accept returns.