The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
Dave Cox of Puckerbrush Audio is a great resource for refurbishing vintage gear. He is a former radio engineer and audiophile who has a bricks and mortar used audio store  located in Norway Maine. A great guy also! He has refurbished all sorts of vintage gear.
I have an Onkyo A-7040 running my office system. Fantastic sound and TWO MM Phono inputs! It is a beast but only rated at 50 WPC. Very high quality build from 1980, right before Onkyo went “sideways”.....
jl35, No, I worked for the largest Sansui dealer in the world in early 70"s , from the smallest to the largest they were all outstanding .
I sold hundreds of them with NO complaints !And were had every virtually every brand made in Japan .ABSOLUTE best was  small Sony FET integated , best sound I have ever heard .
Looks like I lucked into a tidy little amp without knowing anything about Sansui at all.

They were not really huge back in the UK, I swore by Trio gear most of the 70,s.

My criteria for buying on eBay was dead simple.

Mm phono input, at least 2 more analog inputs, fully functional and under $100 shipped.

The Sansui was not even my first choice!
An old jvc was but due to terrible packing by the seller it arrived damaged and non working so back that went.

The Sansui was just then the next amp that I saw that fitted my exhausting requirements....😂😂😂
Hey Uber, google search on that model Sansui comes up blank.

Is A-2100 the right model #?