Thoughts wanted for new speaker design

I am working to introduce a new speaker at Capital Audiofest this year and have a few tentative designs but wanted to do a little market research and see what you guys would find most interesting. Since I don’t have $40K for focus groups, thought I would ask your guys POV.

I currently offer two stand mounts - one which is a fiberglass based composite (Nightshade) and the other is Carbon Fiber bases (Blackthorn).

you can see them here at:

www.verdantaudio.com

i am currently sold out but will be back in stock in about two weeks.  

i am looking to see what you guys would be most interested in:

1. a higher efficiency standmount - 92dB to 93dB but will be using compression drivers. Material could be MDF or Bamboo but most like Bamboo. Price ~$2500

2. A less expensive standmount made from bamboo or MDF that will be ~$2000. Likely be less than $2000 if it is MDF.

3. A Nightshade (fiberglass) Floorstander that would retail at $8-$10,000.

4. A floorstander that would look like 1 or 2 though I expect the efficiency of 1 will be closer to 100dB. Retail $3500 to $5000.

Unless you guys saw me at AXPONA or know someone who bought my first batch of speakers I know you haven’t heard my current stand-mounts. Just looking for a POV on what will be most interesting to you.

Thanks in advance.

128x128verdantaudio
With 2 way, two driver speakers stick to the stand mounts. The smaller enclosures are easier to build and resonate less. I think you should do a floor stander and go for broke. It would help sell your smaller speakers.
It could either be 2 or three way. I wouldn't go out of my way to roll off the bass although I would favor mid bass and midrange performance over bass knowing that many of us would add subwoofers. I prefer sealed speakers or dipoles. Try and get the speaker to dip a couple of dB around 3000 Hz. As Wilson found out people tend to like the smoothness (less sibilance) that adds to the sound. I try to place  a cross over there making it a 6 dB down point. Then I play around with moving either driver up or down till I get the desired dip starting at about 2K and ending around 6K. You might also do something unheard of. Make them two way with one tweeter and two mid bass/mid range drivers then cross to separate subwoofers. This would give the freedom to place the subwoofers were they will do the best. 

Good Luck,
Mike
   @mcreyn I am leaning am leaning toward a speaker using compression drivers given that I import and Art Audio and that lineup is largely low power tube amps.  I have found a line of compression drivers I like and will do some experimentation.  

Regarding price, my speakers cabinets are made in Pennsylvania.  I am using very premium parts and by avoiding cutting corners, I can’t compete in the sub $1000 range.  That being said, because I am consumer direct, I can produce a speaker that is as good or better than other products in the $2K+ range.  And at higher price points, I am a value.  Unless I go to Indonesia for production, I could never the powered speaker you are talking about.  

@mijostyn  Fascinating tips around crossover design and consistent with other suggestions I have received.  Will take it into account for this and future designs.

@keithtexas   I will look at your suggestion and see what I can do.  $3K might be tough to do out of a premium cabinet material like bamboo but I am 100% certain I will produce a design like this at some point to go with my Carissa and Opus 2 amps from Art Audio.  
I am in CT myself. Do you have a showroom or just strictly a production facility?