I lied to my wife about the price of Stax 009S headphone

My wife is the youngest of my mom in law who is 88 years old.

Recently my wife is staying with her mom to take care  expecting her mom can live just one more year or so.

Thus I am having happy life playing music loud even during midnight.

My house is seated on 2 acre lot so that my neighbors does not get bothered unless windows open wide.

My wife dropped at home yesterday ( She drop once a week to clean the messy kitchen while she is away.  She is an angel Ha ha).

She happened to see my new headphone of Stax 009S headphone and asked its price.

I could tell her the real value ( new price 4,500$ and I got 4 months used one for 3,200$).

I did not mean to deceive her but answered it costs me 1,500$ by chance.

Then she had listened to K-Pop using both  Stax 009S headphone driven by Carbon amplifier and Massdrop  Empire Zeus IEM( I told her the real value as 1,000$ No lie here Hehe).

The source was  Cocktail Audio X30 music server feeding  Chord Dave and Mscaler ( I did not tell her how much Chord Dave and Mscaler cost, if she find out, I may have to buy her diamond necklace)

On first few songs, she prefer  Empire Zeus IEM  to  Stax 009S headphone on lively sound of the former.

But after listening few more songs, she expressed that  Stax 009S headphone sounds more natural than  Empire Zeus IEM .

Whew if I had told her that I had spent 3200$ on headphone, I may have to go out to buy her something like expensive bag or clothing.

Reality is I had also spent additional 3300$ on  KGSSHV Carbon headphone amplifier.

How many of your audiophile had lied to your wife or girlfriend about the cost of audio components?

I guess 98% from my 41 years of audio history.

128x128shkong78
@ andrei_nz

There are many clowns and jerks in Audiogon.

If you counter all those comments, it won't be good for your health.

Sometimes it is just better to ignore those.
Lies are always bad, especially when the destinatary is your wife.
P.S. are you really sure she's spending every night at her mother's house?
@ twoch

You are gentleman.

But there is another jerk  just down here!

I do not respond to such guy.
All of this deception must interfere with enjoying your music, right? Unless, and I suppose this is the case, you’re just interested in quality “sound.” Which is fine, but I imagine your conscience must be needling you enough to make it not very fun to listen, since your guilt pushes you to reach out on this thread for help. Or, you’re reaching out for some sort of human connection in a bizarre way by making up stories about wives and headphones. Which is also fine, but there’s better ways and better arenas in which to do that. Or you’re a shill, posing as (or actually) a poor English speaker, pushing headphones and gear with the old “girlfriend/wife is happy/unhappy” set up. Which is not fine.
I don’t know.
I have a local dealer here who likes to push equipment with his own “demo” tracks. When I bring my own media to audition, he almost has a god damned stroke, as if what I’m listening to cannot possibly be good music because 1) it isn’t what he picked and 2) it is not “demo quality mastering.” I’m sorry, but If I can’t play “Bags and Trane” or Iron and Wine or Oliver Nelson on a piece of equipment you are selling and have it sound nice, I’m done. No sale. I’m not interested in listening to music I don’t enjoy on “nice” equipment and then buying that equipment only to find it’s designed to play boring “demo” music that I don’t enjoy.

In the same way I’m also not interested in creating a system that is simply an escape from my own self-created misery. If I have to lie to someone or myself, one of two things is happening: I’m doing something wrong or I’m with the wrong person.

When did music become such a self-prescribed solitary experience??

Im really curious to pinpoint that moment in our culture. Anyone?