Best amp for Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario?

Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of SF Amati Anniversario to replace my Tannoy TD12's and rreally wanted to know what a great amp wold be for them my maximum budget would be $20k I have heard they arre quite hard to partner and somme owners have gone through many amps beffore finding sommething ideal. Thanks for your help. Tim
chatnoirmeow
Chatnoirmeow, how do you like the bass on the Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario speakers?
Hi Doug,

Great to hear from you, sorry for the slow reply I've been away for a few weeks for work. To answer your question the Bass on the Amati's is one of their best attributes. It is very fast though with no hang over to speak of, they do need pleanty of power though and I run mine in mono with 400w a side. Most of the time you have no idea how hard you are drving them until the neibours come round to compliain, but is so much fun to hear them sing! I have not even comme close to getting the speakers to their limit. I've had my Amatis for nearly 2 years now and still love them which is more than I can say for any other speaker I have owned. What sort of music do you like?
Totally agree with CNoirMs comments about bass. I have owned SF G's and Strads...and i have heard the Amati original, second and anniversario as well. Probably the most successful implementation of deep bass of the 3 Amatis.
I know two dealers that had them paired with Rowland gear in their shop and the sound/detail/holographic/transient attributes was exceptional. One of the dealers had the Amati's paired with rowland 312 in his home with excellent results, so he says. I have the Rowland 312 and the Avalon Indra's and have been pleased with the synergy, as they also desire high current (45 amps That said, Pass X160.5's, Boulder 1060 and Halcro might be worthy of consideration.