Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Blue Oyster Cult - "On Your Feet, or On Your Knees" - Side 3

"Then Came The Last Days of May"
"Cities on Flame"
"ME 262"

James---Howdy, neighbor! I’m actually in Vancouver, but come into Portland frequently. In L.A. I had Amoeba on Sunset Blvd., an incredible record store. Music Millennium’s pretty good, no complaints. I was up here briefly at the end of 2009/beginning of 2010, and worked at MM for the Christmas rush, just December, then returned to SoCal.

I just discovered Everybody’s Records! The old owner sold the store to a young kid (well, in his 30’s, I would guess. To me that’s a kid ;-), and the store moved from it’s old location on Main Street in Vancouver (that storefront is now a weed dispensary ;-) to right by the I5 entrance on Mill Plain Blvd. I’ve already bought about ten LP’s from him, all in great shape and REALLY cheap ($3-5).

Confusingly, there is also a local chain named Everybody’s Music, which isn’t so hot. That kid Fremer has had at his house gave the impression EM is good, which imo it is not. On Mike and the kid’s most recent video (Fremer was in town a few months ago), they went to Music Millennium together (the kid had not been there before), and Fremer was freaking out! Their prices are kinda high imo, but that means they give you more in trade in. I just took in a box of duplicate LP’s, Punk/New Wave/Indi 45’s, and got $400 for them. Easy money!

Spinners - eponymous first Atlantic Records album.  

———————————
Hey @bdp24 that’s great to hear you’re local.  Pretty nice around here this time of year isn’t it.  

I think the local chain you’re thinking of might be Everyday Records and I agree that they're not that great.  The Everybody’s Records I had in mind is different than the one in Vancouver and sadly is a thing of the distant past now.  It was in Portland’s Montavilla neighborhood.  A little less eclectic than MM but new records there were each about a dollar less than at MM.  Anyway, I have great memories of the place, in large part because of the most excellent and amazing speakers they had suspended in a large array above the checkout desk.  They sounded so good and were our reference for comparison for years.  Nowadays though it seems like nearly every record store has crummy speakers and equipment. Why I don’t know.  You’d think they’d sell more records if the music coming from their systems was better.  

I’ve seen those Fremer vids too.  The co-op over on Foster where they went same day as MM, Crossroads Records, is pretty awesome. Like having all of Discogs under one roof and no postage...I think there are about 40 vendors total.  But Millennium is still my favorite, both for the reasons you mention and for the many pleasures I’ve found there for going on 50 years now.  
We have a store called Everybody's Records here in the Pleasant Ridge neighborhood of Cincinnati. Been there since 1978 under the same ownership. Nice enough place. I've bought lots of records there over the years.

Check it out! Roger Klug Power Trio - "The Ballad of Everybody's Records'. Written for Record Store Day at Everybody's Records - Cincinnati, OH

https://everybodysrecords.com/live-%40-everybodys