The Six Moons.com review on the Mhdt Labs Orchid DAC just went up

This morning the review on the superlative Mhdt Labs Orchid DAC was just posted on Six Moons.com.  It gives all the details why I have made it my reference DAC.  I also share my position, with flexibility, that all all the hype regarding high resolution formats as being superior sounding to 16/44.1 kHz or 16/48 kHz R-2R ladder DACs is just that "hype".  

Hope you enjoy the review.
teajay
I have the Gumby but the orchid is very musical at Teajay system upstairs...Either one you will have a good Dac...
This review was the final straw to finally get me to pull the trigger on the Orchid.  I'm really glad I did and I'm enjoying digital more now as an alternative to spinning vinyl.  Lots of great CDs to be had for cheap!  A little easier than hunting NM vinyl with the best pressing.  I plan to add a streamer or server in the future also.
Hey waterclocker,

Congrats!  The performance of the Orchard is a delight to listen to and when you figure in its very low price is a terrific bargain. 
BThis Orchid is the real deal. Sounds fantastic! I purchased one and like it very much. I have the upgraded Western Electric tube and the music flows in such a natural and enjoyable manner. Smooth as silk with wonderful tone. 

Thanks guys.  

Quick question:  what output are you using for the Orchid?  Is it optimized for one vs another? I've typically used USB outputs for my MHDT Canary Dac and I have an Orchid on the way and I'm considering using the orchid with a Lyngdorf 2170  and Tekton electrons.  However the lyngdorf is used and doesn't have USB input. I think @grannyring that you used this combo before?   What output did you use and what was your experience?   Thanks for your reviews @teajay