Reasonable high end interconnects: without breaking the bank

I am in the process of updating my audio equipment and have realized my interconnects are probably not up to snuff; I use the ones provided by the manufacturers.  My current set up includes a Leben cs600 amplifier, California audio lab Icon Mark II CD player, Linn Akurate Streamer, Feikert Volare Table and Spendor SP1 speakers ( in final stages of upgrade to either Audio Note E, Devore O93 or Joseph Profile).  I have been investigating interconnects and have a bit of sticker shock.  So any suggestions on interconnects that won't  bankrupt me?  Is silver truly preferable to copper with respect to resolution and detail?
Thanks
MP

mpomerantz
That was partially the intent. Some folk use objectivity as a fall back position, a crutch to use when they don't have a good or valid point with which to counter something that makes sense, like, "I hear what I hear."

The only other option is to employ ad hominen attacks questioning the person's sanity, gullibility, or ability to hear well enough. It's not quite a straw man argument and more like a mott-batte (spelling?) technique where you waylay an argument with something akin to what you're talking about but not related to the actual discussion. From there, one can redirect the discussion to a more defensible position, which at first blush, makes sense, but in actuality, has nothing to do with the topic.

All the best,
Nonoise

Since when are we minimizing or discounting empirical evidence? What we see, what we hear are cornerstones of the scientific method. We observe with our senses. Hel-loo!
We observe with our senses.
True. Perhaps these discussions should should end quickly with the "agree to disagree" reasoning. I am guilty of this. Thinking about the passion we have for the hobby, we are much more alike than not. 
Dave