Can we finally put Reel to Reel out of its misery? Put it to rest people.

The format is dying and too expensive to repair properly. Heads wear out so easy and many out there are all worn.
High quality technicians are either retired or long gone. Its such an inconvenient format that can be equalled by nakamichi easily in tape decks.
Retire it please put them in museums. 
vinny55
Like so many here I completely disagree.  My Pioneer RT-1050 running in half track and 15ips absolutely kills my Nakamichi deck. 
My B-77 also half track does likewise.  

I had the foresight to purchase spare head stacks for the Pioneer.  I have two new head stacks for half and quarter track and after over forty years of use I’m still on the original stack. Yes, it they still meet spec.

There are several companies that can re-lap your worn tape heads for many more years of service.  ReVox heads are especially well suited to re-lapping as there is so much material to work with.

I have also been enjoying second generation masters from Horch-House and the Tape Project, not to mention all of the standard quarter track 7.5 ips production tapes that are available on the used market.  

Judging from the Munich 2019, reel to reel is doing just fine.

Post removed 
I've noticed the collector market is booming for restored Reel 2 Reels. I will find and restore one for resale, to finance a new turntable. 
@mads1i am looking for a deck that has the following:
-auto reverse
-a dedicated tapehead out
-adjustable playback eq 
-3 3/4 and 7 1/2 playback

can you suggest something? Thanks!