Theoretical question about how CD's work

Theoretically, can the contents of a CD be printed out onto sheets of paper in 1’s & 0’s, re-entered digit by digit (say, by a generous helper monkey with an infinite lifespan) into some sort of program, and the same sound will be replicated? Just trying to understand how CD’s work (though I’ve been trying for 25 years and it still seems like magic to me).
sealrock
Just for emphasis, anyone who thinks he’s listening to all the information that’s on the disc is badly mistaken. The scattered light problem itself without even going into any of the other problems associated with CD playback accounts for an apparent loss of at least 30% to 50% of performance, in terms of bass articulation and slam, treble performance, air, resolution and size of the soundstage, signal to noise ratio, dynamic range, distortion, compared to the case where scattered light is controlled. It’s not even close, gentle readers. Geez, even a green pen around the outer edge gives a glimpse of what you can get if you control all the scattered light, not just the visible red portion. Hel-loo! 
Geoffkait actually you are clearly the skeptic here. Don’t be such a sad sack! Why don’t you write a book and enlighten the world further then smart guy? I’m sure there are enough neurotics out there you can appeal to to make it a big seller and help your business.
Apparently mapman’s butt is still stinging from something I said. Get well soon, Moops.
Geoffkait- I have a CD transport the "47 labs shigaraki" the CD sits on top of the player out in the open, do you think this helps with the scattered light problem?

Thanks, TISH

Geoff, I've noticed that you have frequently posted about the scattered light problem since you started selling a product to help eliminate this problem.  There's nothing wrong with that if you discovered a problem and came up with a solution. 

It would be helpful to us and you, though, if you provided the evidence that shows that scattered light increases reading errors for cds that cd players don't correct.  If the evidence is simply that you hear a subjective improvement when playing cds treated with your product, it would be good to know that too.