How to hook up a Vandersteen 2W to a Marantz SR7010??

To be completely honest- I'm a total newb when it comes to the audiophile world. I have 2 systems in my home. My vinyl/streaming system- Yamaha AS-501 integrated amp with Panamax MR4000 conditioner, Rega turntable, Polk subwoofer and Q Acoustics 3020's. Then my home theater system- Marantz SR7010 5.1 with Panamax MR4000 power conditioner, HSU Research HB-1 MK2 speakers and  VTF-1 MK3 subwoofer (which is currently not working, blowing fuses etc.). A very good friend of mine years ago gave me his Vandersteen 2W as a gift and this is the first time trying to set it up. I have no idea how to do it. It certainly isn't as simple as plugging subwoofer cables in the back and sound is produced... any advise for a brand forum member? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replies.
128x128ckbrooks55
Yep you basically use and extra set of speaker cable from the binding posts of the Marantz over to the Vandersteen sub. But you need to make sure to use the cross-over (should have come with one) between the pre-amp and the amp....since it looks like you have an integrated, not sure you can do it now...hmmmm.
Ahh, you have 2wq not V2w...  Here is the manual for that sub.... You need to use high-level outputs from the left and right speakers to the sub.  Problem is that you will lose the LFE channel benefits from your receiver for watching movies, but should work great for music (once it is tuned).

https://www.vandersteen.com//media/files/Manuals/2wqmanual.pdf

You need to be able to separate the amp and preamp. I tried to Google a manual, but I couldn't find a Preamp Out/ Amp in.
You need to insert a high pass filter, either a fixed value or with the MP-5H between the preamp and amplifier.
The subs connect to the speaker outputs-you can double up spades.
Do not try to run the subs without the crossovers.
Bob
Thanks for the information gentlemen. I really do appreciate it. It looks like the Vandersteen sub is going to go to the classified section then at some point... I would have loved to have heard it but I'm not in the market to make large changes to my system at this point. The sub is in very good condition if you know anyone who would be interested.

email: [email protected]