How to hook up a Vandersteen 2W to a Marantz SR7010??

To be completely honest- I'm a total newb when it comes to the audiophile world. I have 2 systems in my home. My vinyl/streaming system- Yamaha AS-501 integrated amp with Panamax MR4000 conditioner, Rega turntable, Polk subwoofer and Q Acoustics 3020's. Then my home theater system- Marantz SR7010 5.1 with Panamax MR4000 power conditioner, HSU Research HB-1 MK2 speakers and  VTF-1 MK3 subwoofer (which is currently not working, blowing fuses etc.). A very good friend of mine years ago gave me his Vandersteen 2W as a gift and this is the first time trying to set it up. I have no idea how to do it. It certainly isn't as simple as plugging subwoofer cables in the back and sound is produced... any advise for a brand forum member? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replies.
128x128ckbrooks55

Showing 1 response by gdnrbob

You need to be able to separate the amp and preamp. I tried to Google a manual, but I couldn't find a Preamp Out/ Amp in.
You need to insert a high pass filter, either a fixed value or with the MP-5H between the preamp and amplifier.
The subs connect to the speaker outputs-you can double up spades.
Do not try to run the subs without the crossovers.
Bob