good stand speakers with good low end

I like to keep the purchase under $1,000 a pair. Just curious if anyone has suggestions for good sounding bookshelfs with good low end. I live in condo, so floorstanders are not possible at the moment. NHT classic 3's come up a lot. Klipsh are way too bright for my tastes. I lean toward neutral to warm sound.
aberyclark
Revel M20s have fantastic low end for a small bookshelf, sound great, and have bass and treble adjustments as well. Used ones sell for right at your price limit.
"I always thought I would get better bang for the buck with stand mound speakers vs lower end floor standing units."

Not really - remember that you have to figure in the cost of the stands, and good stands cost at least $200 minimum. Judge by the sound, not the design.
Maybe a used pair of Nola Boxers...

I switched from monitors to a pair of Ohm MicroWalsh Talls. I never heard the $3K break before, but I guess that's about right, except for only a few models - one being the Ohms.

If you have the room, I suppose a pair of MMG's and a sub could also do the job as well as a good pair of monitors...