Which cost more: your system or your car?

Just curious.

Marty

BTW - I'm pretty sure that my system slots between my CTS and my wife's Cayenne.
martykl
I just retubed my amp. That cost more than my car is worth. I really don't care about cars anymore. Living in L.A. your car gets stolen, vandalized or some Idiot without insurance plows into you. (Just happened to my wife last month)
My system cost about the same as both of our cars - Mine Jaguar XJR - Hers Lexus RX 330.
I bought both cars used/pre/owned (2004 models) about 4 years ago with DVD & navigation for about $70K.
I bought almost all of my system here on the gon, also pre-owned for close to the same price as both cars.
My wife loves her car & I rally love mine as well, but my system is something much more special than any car as it took much more planning & thought to put together than buying any car.
I doubt that my wife really knows what I have invested in my 2 channel system & that works for me.
She has all she needs upstairs in the home theatre & in the garage & that's what really matters most.
Remember to keep the better half happy & you'll be very happy as well.
I have a '2007' Saab 9-5 that I paid 28.5k for. I paid exactly the same amount for my Eidolon Diamonds in a premium finish. I love my Saab but the system is what really transports me into another place and time. How do you put a price on that?

enjoy,
Tom
After reading several of these answers maybe the question should have been "what costs more, your audio system or your HOUSE!!!