Any Magnepan Mini Maggies fans here

Hi, looking for users of the Mini maggies, any tips  or set up. i will be using these in a whole room setup with dual DWM. thanks in advance . Greg
128x128drumsgreg
I own both HSU and Vandersteen.
The Vandy's are a much better sub and integrate seemlessly, but are much more expensive.
The HSU take a bit more tweaking, but can offer a decent option for a lot less. And, they are well built.
Bob
If you haven't purchased the Maggies yet, consider the Vandersteen 1Cis instead - much better speakers than the mini Maggies and they don't require subs.
Helomech, i use to have a pair a few years ago, i sold them for an updated unit( these were older ) and color. i own Vandersteen 2CE Signatures MK ii, with 2 2WQ subs that i bought in 2016. as great as the Vandersteen are, they don't have the transparency or the speed and detail of the  Mini Maggies, this will be a separate system for those moments i need to hear the instruments in all their glory. for a small room, there isn't a speaker that can touch these IMHO for the money!
Helomech, i use to have a pair a few years ago, i sold them for an updated unit( these were older ) and color. i own Vandersteen 2CE Signatures MK ii, with 2 2WQ subs that i bought in 2016. as great as the Vandersteen are, they don't have the transparency or the speed and detail of the Mini Maggies, this will be a separate system for those moments i need to hear the instruments in all their glory. for a small room, there isn't a speaker that can touch these IMHO for the money!
Funny coincidence, I recently bought a brand new pair of 2CE Sig IIs based on how much I enjoyed many aspects of the 1Cis. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with what I was hearing. They're going back to the dealer tomorrow in fact. I was quite surprised by my conclusion that the 1Cis are actually superior with exception of some bass aspects. I hooked up my old Advents last night and I'm just boggled - better soundstaging, imaging, and midrange detail than the soon departing 2CEs. And these 43 year old Advents still have the original crossover caps! 

For full disclosure, I haven't heard the "mini" Maggie models, just the 1.7is I owned for a few months. I just figured the 1.7i is at least as good as the new LRS and .7s. However, my recent experience with Vandersteen has proven to me that sometimes, a smaller, less expensive model is better fit for one's preferences. We all hear a bit different anyhow.

Cheers.