Totem Mani 2 sig what do you think?

A few weeks ago I listened to a set of Totem mani 2 speaker at a dealer. I brought my own amp because I heard the mani 2 sig can be somewhat demanding of the amp. To my ears and to those of my girlfriend the combo sounded very good indeed.

But in my head I heard the little voice "Mani 2 speakers need more power then my amp because that is what I read at all the fora and reviews". Now my question is. Is the mani 2 really all that demanding of the amp. Is there a nog difference between the current and older models of the mani 2. Would my amp of aprox 100W into 8 ohm really be up to the job. Are the speakers on the markt that can deliver such a nice powerful bass, and such an open mid. My only concern was the high of the mani 2. My living/listing room is about 27 square meter so that is rather small so huge speakers that take up a lot of room are out of the question.

So any tips and or advise?
mordante
You might want to check this thread I started a few years ago "Upgrading to Totem Mani 2's".
Your aural perceptions of a 100 watt amp and the mani,s sounding pretty good is also what I thought. Then I heard them with high current , high wattage amps. Thats when you will get the most out of them. And the differance is significant. Cheers
I used a classe 200 watt amp and they sounded very good. When I hooked them up to the macintosh 1000 watt mono blocks or the 352, that's when they excelled.
@Jaffeassc
I just read your thread about the mani 2 sig. Do you still use the tube amps?

I really in doubt wether the mani-2 are the speaker for in the future. Right now I cannot afford them, new or 2nd hand. My girlfriend decided we need a new bathroom and new motorbike first.

The amp I use is an integrated Symphonic Line La Musica. I just love that amp and if it means that is is to lightweight for the mani-2 I will look at another speaker I cannot see myself buying another amp comming decade.

The rest of my set is:
CEC TL51x transport
Wadia 12 DAC
VPI scout with Lyra dorian
Impulse aria se speakers.