Most useful tweaks that are sensible and really make a noticeable improvement

So after reading the thread of useless tweaks I'd  be interested the communities opinions of useful tweaks. I may be rehashing a previous thread but times change as do useful tweaks.

I have found that in my case the following were useful, immediate and audible,
In order of priority in my opinion
1 Room treatment
2 Speaker location, ie proper setup
3 Subwoofer location (if used)
4 Subwoofer integration
5 Component isolation
6 Cables, all SC/IC etc, normally I would not mention cables but did have an ear opening epiphany that makes me believe cables are system dependant and I do not mean directionality.

So if anybody has anything to add, please do so as none of us are ever too old to learn.

128x128gillatgh

“Seems to me actual real tweaks really are those that make sense.”

No, no, no! It’s actually the opposite. The best tweaks, anyway. People need to be a little more open minded. I’m not suggesting they be so open minded their brains spill out on the floor. Break on through to the other side!
With all due respect, Geoffkait do you ever sleep? Broke thru to the other side eons ago. Thankfully found my way back. Senseless tweaks are snakeoil designed to part the gullible from their available funds. A fool and his money..........! 
Now that's not to say that an unconventional tweak could not be worthwhile.  Let's take Geoffkait springs, unconventional yes but a possible sensible tweak. Would I buy before try.......no but with a 3 month money back, no question asked return policy sure why not.
I would even buy at a sensible cost which his springs are not.
Tweaks must make sense.
Ps. Did you know rubbing bacon grease on your cable ends or connectors will eliminate any sibilance in all applications?
gillatgh, ….."Ps. Did you know rubbing bacon grease on your cable ends or connectors will eliminate any sibilance in all applications?"

gillatgh, that is ridiculous, haven’t you been paying attention to Geoff regarding the degradation in CD sound due to stray laser music signals? What you need to do is coat your CDs with the bacon grease. You can experiment with plain, maple or hickory smoked to determine the best impact on sound quality based upon your musical preferences. Personally, I find the hickory smoked most pleasant with jazz recordings.

Feel free to eat your bacon after completing the "bacon grease extraction tweak". As with all tweaks, we all know you need to have a very resolving system to hear the sonic improvement, so if you don’t its because you have a mid fi system. My audiophile friends with golden ears and 400 years combined experience are all amazed by the sonic improvement this tweak provides, but mostly only comment thereon after eating the crispy bacon byproduct. You can thank me later.

Ahh yes a new possibility,  never thought to give that a go. Wonder if it'll sound as good as it tastes.
Have to wait till tomorrow as I already disposed of the bacon and the grease for today.
I think I'll market the excess grease to audiophiles. I'll be rich and able to upgrade then. Maybe modify the formula to purified bacon grease.
gillatgh ... with all due respect, your introduction to the topic doesn't fall under a tweak category, more under basic rules for achieving good sound.  Long time hobbyists would begin with great isolated electricity, then follow several of those suggestions as a lift off-off point.  Linn turntable's  Ivor Tiefenbrun, of course, asserted primacy "of the front end," a legitimate argue.  Once that is sorted out, and assuming the components have enough ability to expose sufficient resolving power, minutia and prat of a great system, tweaks can indeed prove fun, and quite beneficial towards one's goals and flavors.  If, however, you are in the camp that find wire upgrades, tube rolling, isolation and the like nonsensical, then, as with religion, no proof will suffice;  for believers, no proof necessary.  Free tweaks include leveling your gear - micro changes to loudspeakers, both vertically and horizontally (search info on bass nodes) - try live front wall, dampened real wall - address ceiling tuning if feasible - Marigo tuning dots skillfully applied to drivers, speaker baskets & cabinets of all sorts...see my responses elsewhere.  Experiment, be playful with it!  More peace, Pinthrift