Why I like my home system better than live music

Not sure which forum to place this, but since speakers are the most important in the audio chain besides the room, I'll start here. I know most audiophiles including me set live music as the reference to guage reproduced music in their homes. But I've come to the conclusion I enjoy my home system better than most live music. I can count on one hand musical venues that I think absolutely outclasses any system I've heard, but in most cases live music is just sounds bad. Is it just me who feels this way?
dracule1
The best live music I've ever heard at a concert was Pink Floyd at Ohio Stadium 1988.. I was actually outside the stadium (didn't have tickets). We decided to just go down there to be around the event. and the sound was absolutely incredible. Clear, powerful, thundersous, precise. Never heard anything like it before or since. No home system could ever touch the clarity and power of the music that day. But that was an exception for concerts, not the rule.
Elizabeth you are so wrong about the crowds at rock/metal concerts. They are the most friendly easy going people I know. At jazz or classical concerts everyone is so uptight and full of themselves. At a rock concert you can have a friendly chat with almost anyone and share a beer.

I love going to concerts, especially rock or metal. The vibe and atmosphere is just great. If you go to a rock or metal concert just to hear music and see a band play you go for the wrong reasons. You go there to have a nice time. To have a beer talk and get drunk with friends and to see a band play. I want to be entertained when I go to see a band. That is why seated rock or metal shows are a failure and should be avoided; also seated rock/metal shows never happen in Europe thank God.

Some bands like SUN O))) can only be really enjoyed live.

Also live music classical or whatever is a totally different medium from recorded music. Two totally separate entities’. I don't want a PA sound at home neither do I want a hifi sound a concert. At the end of the month I’m going to graspop for the 10th time. It’s a 3 day metal festival with about 200 bands playing.

I could go on but I have to go for now.
First of all, whether or not speakers are the most important in the audio chain is a matter of opinion.

Second, I think you have it backwards. The objective is to reproduce the music. Real music is what we compare our system to, not the other way around.
There's another dimension, here, especially for pop music.

Some of it is essentially impossible to recreate outside of the studio. I recall reading somewhere that this was one of the (many) factors that dissuaded The Beatles from performing their later material live. There are many recordings that I love which need to be pretty thouroughly reinterpreted for live performance.

Nevertheless, there's nothing like live music in my book. Rock, jazz, folk, blues and - let's not forget - kid's concerts. (That multiple marimba band at McCabe's last year was great fun!)

Marty
"I recall reading somewhere that this was one of the (many) factors that dissuaded The Beatles from performing their later material live. There are many recordings that I love which need to be pretty thouroughly reinterpreted for live performance."

That was true at the time. With modern technology however, not so much the case.

I've heard various Beatles cover acts that are able to deliver performances of later Beatles works these days that are designed specifically to sound as much as possible like what is on the records. It is still of course not EXACTLY the same, but as close as you can in a live performance delivered in real time.