Worth of current system

I just did a tally of the cost of my current components.
I wonder if anybody has done the same and wants to reveal.
My total came to around $18,000
128x128rvpiano
+1 @steakster

Before I responded earlier in the thread I briefly thought about the appropriateness of the question. And I decided that it would be entirely legitimate for someone to try to gain a perspective on how much of a monetary investment those who care about the quality with which music is reproduced in their home tend to make. And another factor I considered is that I know the OP to be of the utmost sincerity when it comes to seeking information here.

On another note, regarding the responses which have been posted thus far: My perception has been that the median of the figures that have been provided is significantly less than might be expected, given all the talk that goes on here about extremely expensive components, cables, and tweaks. Which is interesting, it seems to me.

Best regards,

-- Al

For big jumps I think you should at least double the cost, unless you are very lucky. 
Al,

Truth be told I thought long and hard about the appropriateness before I posted the thread, and even tried to delete it after second thoughts to no avail.
Shaking78:

You don’t change components every year, only every three?

i haven’t changed most of mine in decades. 

Almost all of my stuff is vintage, little of it is available today. 

If if I went with replacement value to get similar quality sound, I’d guess $150,000. But I paid a small fraction of that. 
On another note, regarding the responses which have been posted thus far: My perception has been that the median of the figures that have been provided is significantly less than might be expected, given all the talk that goes on here about extremely expensive components, cables, and tweaks. Which is interesting, it seems to me.

Perhaps those with with mid six figure systems don’t want to attract the opprobrium that would be dumped on them for posting 😏