Tariffs and sky high audio prices.

With the Chinese tariffs taking hold on 100% of the imports and maybe even on Mexico forthcoming, the audio industry is going to see another big jump in their sky high prices. Anyone making purchases ASAP to get lower prices from existing inventory before post tariff products enter the marketplace?
tubelvr1
My feeling is that while governments may compete hard with each other and at times be angry with each other, those actions and sentiments don't usually reflect what is happening at the every day people level.

For the most part, people are people the world over.  They want to live their lives, raise their families, be healthy, live as comfortably as possible and be left alone.

On the other hand, governments ostensibly want to protect their people but seem to believe that to do so means that they must gain as much economic power and influence as possible...the natural result of which is that governments compete with other governments....and sometimes in ways that is painful to people.

Where does that leave us...ultimately there is usually a recognition of mutual need.  As an example, China doesn't produce much oil, not that they couldn't, but they do produce a lot of rare earth metals.  The U.S. on the other hand does produce oil but has given up production of rare earth metals.  So, we each produce what we are good at and then trade at fair value....or we each try to produce everything, including what we are not good at resulting in higher cost to both.  Time will tell how well we figure this out.
Well, I dared to click on that Breitbart link and lo and behold, a true believer of a foot soldier decries communism and totalitarianism in the halls of congress.

Is he referring to Ivanka Trump and the more than 34 trademarks she got from communist China?

Or the deals Trump is making with the Chinese on the side?

Or Mitch McConnells wife, Chou, who’s father owns one of the world’s largest shipping lines representing communist China, and happens to be our Transportation secretary in the White House and deals with Chinese nationals at Mar-A-Lago?

Or Mitch himself, who took $2.5 million from a sanctioned Russian commie thug for his reelection campaign and allowed that commie to build an aluminum plant in his state? Talk about Kentucky going red.

Or is he talking about Trump’s love of autocratic communist leaders that he professes love and admiration for?

Or could it be that the guy mentioned in the article is playing the commie card knowing full well that the intended audience (typical close minded FOX viewer) is not going question his lies?

All the best,
Nonoise
@nonoise 

My sides hurt from your post...

I've instructed my wife that if I ever suffer from a brain injury, a degenerative brain disease or if I'm ever comatose to immediately turn on Fox News, the Kardashians or TMZ. If I fail to regain my faculties within minutes in order to turn them off, she has been instructed to move us to a state where assisted suicide is permissible. If those don't pull you out of a coma, nothing will.
@ghasley 

Please consult this link and try to stay in the
red:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide_in_the_United_States
or tread lightly in the blue areas.

Even in a vegetative state you's be quite engaging. 😄

All the best,
Nonoise