Merrill Audio ELEMENT 118 on Tour

As some of you know I had to deal with a serious family medical issue which has been miraculously cured. So the new ELEMENT amplifiers are getting out to all those asking about them and the few lucky ones that have purchased them.

The ELEMENT 118 and ELEMENT 116 will be going out to reviewers and on tour to various audiophiles and dealers. So more will be showing up. I will provide a short trail and welcome questions and comments, all in good spirit.

After years of research and using OEMS, we have a proprietary design that we believe is an order of magnitude improvement over the previous amps and also sets a standard across all the classes of amps in terms on sonics. Of course taking a listen and doing a comparison is the best way to confirm this.

The new design is an open loop, zero feedback, and zero deadtime, using the Gallium Nitride Transistors - which unlike other transistors have close to zero capacitance and hence allow very fast switching. Additionally the PCB and layout is a highly advanced layout that reduces the parasitic capacitance and inductance to near zero, allow close to zero overshoot and ring, and of course the zero deadtime. The open loop, zero feedback, zero deadtime allows a spacious and precision stage with long detailed decays, very fast attack without the parasitics causing other distortions. The first 10 seconds impresses the listener with a musical tone, that is open, wide and fast. The rest is musical immersion.

I will post the systems as they are run through as best I can. Enjoy and I hope you get to listen to the ELEMENT Series of Power Amplifiers near you.
merrillaudio
I thought the following new review of the Merrill Audio Element 118 mono amps from Hi-Fi Plus would be of interest on this thread.
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/merrill-audio-element-118-mono-power-amplifiers/
Typical no information review.  No direct comparisons to other amps in its price range.  Just a vague mention of Dartzeel.......and which Dart is he talking about?  This is what is wrong with high end audio....It is all a big infomercial.  When is a magazine going to review all the "touted best' amps in a price catagory?  Imagine getting in 10 different amps.....burning them all in for a month and then A/Bing on several systems......Now, we would have some information.  Of course, that magazine would go out of business doing that.....as all the losers would stop advertising....not to mention the crying of those who own products that just got put at the bottom of the list. 

I am sure the Merrill is a great amp......but how good we will not know until many, many people have A/Bed versus the natural competition.....and by the time they do that there will be more products out to A/B with.  Never ending story of spending big money and then having to sell it when the next thing comes out.  It is good to be wealthy and unattached to your money.....he he.  What if a company comes out with an Class D amp for $5K that is as good (which will probably happen within a couple of years).......are you going to cry?  There is no reason why a great amp should cost more than a few thousand dollars.  Class D is not expensive.  GaNs are only slightly more expensive than Mosfets.....you could raise the product $100 to compensate.  

There are reviews posted by those that owned the Merrill Veritas and compared with the new Merrills.  They think the new (twice as expensive) amps are better.  However, there is a review of the $5K Van Alstine mono balanced amps that were also A/Bed with the Veritas.......He said they were way better....in fact, his words seem more bold than the other reviews.  So, is a stock $5K Van Alstine amp in the same league with the new Merrills?   For certain, the Van Alstine amps are not classy looking at all......but you could have someone make you sexy faceplates for very little if you have to have it classy.

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2018/10/13/audio-by-van-alstine-dva-set-600-mono-block-amplifier

For sure, we are in a very exciting time.  Audio has never been so good.....but how much do we need to spend?  When new technology is first put out you pay through the nose.  Remember the first basic calculator?...at $500 or whatever.....now they cost a $1.  Remember the first 1 gig memory cards for your camera?  $800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We don't know how many days we have left in this body.....so spend your money any way you like and enjoy the ride.  This very moment is magical....that is for sure.  "He who dies with the most toys wins".......does not bring happiness.  Happiness is embracing this very moment.  I was in ecstasy as a teenager listening to my AM radio in my 51 Chevy.
I’ve heard all of Merrill’s gear. It’s very very good. Worth the price. Clean. Lightning fast. Bottomless noise floor. No flavor at all. Truly transparent. I don’t doubt that it would beat or at least match a shootout with most gear out there. Try to hear them. They are something special.