Best multi channel amp and processor good for 2 channel listening.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions in reference to HT processors.  I am starting from scratch and switching from a Krell S-1000 and S-1500.  I sold the processor a few months back and I going to list here the amp.

I am currently considering the new Bryston 9B3 and the SP4 and decision was based on upgrade ability and warranty. The speakers for HT will be Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and for 2 channel Verity Otello’s.  My second choice was Classe but I was informed that they have all sales on hold, this is concerning.  I have not listened to either, my choice is based on reviews and the Bryston dealer.  My decision was also based they are both good for two channel, I am not set on this but it will help the budget and space.  I am looking for a warm and good over all sound; some might say 3 dimensional sound, clarity is also a factor.  Actually, all I’ve read in reference to Classe fits the bill.  I would like a couple of other choices to include in my short list and opinions are welcome. The budget for the processor and amp is approx. 22k.  

Thanks to all.....
maguiar
Maguiar,

Yes for sure it’s all about synergy. The more I spend time with the Luxman, the more I am appreciating it. As Caphill mentioned cables are very important, both component and speaker/interconnect cable synergy.

I just changed my analog interconnects between DAC and integrated and my system became balanced, at least to me. Before I felt it was a bit flat and lacked soundstage and depth. Then again, this is probably because the Luxman and my AQ Thunderbird Zero speakers cables are very transparent. With my prior McIntosh amp I didn’t hear as much of a difference between different interconnects.

In home demo for any component is the preferred path if possible. Nothing beats hearing it in your own environment.

Yup, The S1500 amp is the low end amps.  And I have found that all their processors are excellently designed except for an undersized power supply.  Yeah, the Transparent speaker cable are likely to be just fine unless you wanted a brighter or higher resolution speaker cable.
@maguiar 

Transparent makes awesome cables. Stick with Transparent and if you want to upgrade just move up the Transparent line. Shunyata Research also makes excellent cables. I prefer them (both Transparent & Shunyata) over Audioquest. Nordost, Kimber Cable, Chord Cables, WireWorld also make great quality cables.

Shunyata & Transparent are usually smoother and tonally on the warmer side, especially the Shunyata.