An Audiophile is Anyone Who Loves Audio Regardless of Monetary Status. Agree?

One group should not be allowed to monopolize the term above another as their own status symbol. you i and anyone else who likes audio can be considered an audiophile regardless of the size of your bank account. 
vinny55
Post removed 
Don’t normally read or respond to these conversations, but after reading this one it’s funny that no one is noticing that Vinny55 is just trying to argue. If you look at every one of his responses they’re nonsensical and  argumentative. Just another sickening liberal that wants everyone to have and be treated like everyone else regardless if they deserve it or not. Vinny55 I bet you think boys should use girls restrooms, and I bet you were first in line to sign up your daughter for the Boy Scouts, because according to you no one should have the term to themselves right. Get a life and realize when you’re wrong internet troll. Just cause you love music doesn’t come close to making you an audiophile. Lots of people love music and don’t even have a stereo, does that make them audiophiles too? 
I think it's easy love music without being an audiophile. Most of the planet does. An audiophile likes the playback of that music in such a way that it fits their version of sonic reality.
There is definitely some wealth shaming and I think this was the basis of the original post. Not such a far stretch to believe, overall, that more expensive equipment will outperform cheaper. Just dont speak on this issue unless you have had experience with both. And please stop guessing the motivation of buyers who spend a "shameful" amount on audio equipment.

As fordboy points about above, distinctions are good things. Being uncomfortable and offended are usually positive experiences provided you have the right to make your case if you disagree. This country is completely losing  the ability to discern between what is a right and what is a privilege. Numerous times on this forum posters have asked others to not use certain words and to avoid certain discussions as these were offensive. Not a kindler world but a world of sameness and intellectual death.

@erik_squires : "Price is a poor predictor of performance."

Erik, I disagree, a little. I think it would be better to say that price can be a poor predictor of performance. In most things I see price and performance as a fairly bell shaped curve across the board. And yes, I do think there is a steep fall-off toward the highest price ranges. (I'm speaking generally here, not just about audio). 

But in light of this discussion even if you are exactly right, the problem is the price range we are discussing. For the average man on the street with more than one priority in his life even at the low end of what most of us here would reasonably good quality he would be stymied. 

I don't know what motivated the OP to share his opinion or ask if we agree. But I do not agree that being an audiophile is solely a matter of how you feel about music or sound quality. To me that's like claiming to be a race car driver because you are enthusiastic about racing and feel like a race car driver.

So again, the answer is no. Not everyone can be an audiophile. Even if they want to be.