Used vs New vs Vintage vs Floorstanding vs Bookshelf vs ..... OMG!

OK. I am new in this (new in HIFI, in Audiogon, in discussion forums). I need to buy a pair of speakers for a newly-to-be-built HIFI system, and I am getting a little overwhelmed about all the options and possibilities (and opinions). By the way, I am NOT rich so that helps me a lot to discard a bunch of options.

I started checking vintage HIFI speakers for around $500, basically old JBLs, Technics, and the like (eBay, Craiglist, Letgo). Of course as soon as I began I started checking newer and pricier loudspeakers... and I am trying not to be a consumerist… Either way first  I decided for a pair of JBLs vintage. Until I watched John Darko's youtube review on the ELAC Navis ARB-51. So I changed my mind, I raised my budget and changed from vintage to new, from big to small.

Then I learned about the huge immense used HIFI market. For the same price of the Navis I could buy speakers from enormous brands like Sonus Faber and Focal and B&W in the used market. There I could find Sonus Faber Veneres for 1500, B&W 802 for 2000, and so on. When I contacted somebody from another webpage (The music room) about which was the best option.... the response was... Vandersteen 2Ce signature, "by far". I looked for opinions about it and all I read about them was "OK but meeh". 

So I was really confused. Until I learnt about the Tekton Double Impact, and now I started to get some dizziness. "The best loudspeakers for that price range", "the best period", etc. I contacted Eric Alexander, who kindly took his time to explain me why paper speakers are still the best, and so on. So they are great, really great, for "just" $3000... and I raised my budget again.

Either way, I have read so much, heard so much, watched so much, and I haven't learned much really. Different experts have different opinions, whether the speakers should be flat or not, colored or true, whether it is a matter of "taste" or "you should listen and like them". Well I am no expert, I am 45 years old and I probably won't listen wavelengths of 50 Htzs or lower.

I just want a pair of good speakers so I can enjoy King Crimson, Ramones or Beethoven.

Can anybody help? PLEASE???....

tykozen
So some advice new. I tend to like the idea, I would never be suspicious whether they sound as good as they should. ELAC Navis? Nobody seems to recommend these or any expensive bookshelf speakers, like Harbeth for example. I guess the public for these kind of forums are mostly for big speakers. 
Used speakers: I prefer this idea because I can buy better for less money. Of course the con of this is that I can get crap. Unless I buy from a serious place. What placed do you recommend? The Music Room? Here? Reverb? 
Also there are some B&W 802 S3, they seem fine, "new" woofers installed in B&W, $2000, what do you think? For the same price I get the Navis, new. Your thoughts? Does your preference for Floorstanding only responds to size of room and low frequencies? What do you have to say about the idea that bigger woofers give better sound than modern smaller ones?
I checked some of the suggestions given above, like Zu and Ohm. Don't understand how a speaker with a single driver and tweeter can be more expensive and sound so much better than, let say, the Veneres, for a fraction of the price, more drivers, and supposedly, still good quality components. Are they really so good? 
I appreciate all the opinions said here. Most of you really showed the intention of helping people. It is a good place. 

Best thing to do always is read and learn what is out there then decide. 

Also take every opportunity to listen to gear at shops shows peoples homes etc. 

Buying used is is a good idea to start.  You can always sell and move on with minimal loss that way.  

Re. jhw9’s comment about the stability of modern polyester film crossover capacitors…

Yes, poly-film caps are surely better than the old oil-filled crossover network caps of yesteryear—also those awful “non-polarized” electrolytic caps that proved so popular—but plain polyester film and PET-type caps are hardly optimum; polypropylene caps are preferable.

Regardless, an age-related decline in passive crossover accuracy involves more than basic network drift—it also encompasses age-related drift in loudspeaker characteristics too. There’s really a compound aging variance in effect.

Passive crossover networks are truly an archaic and imprecise means for the control of loudspeaker passbands. There are far better ways to accomplish this task today.

Ty; if you are going to buy used equipment:

THE MUSIC ROOM:
                                   Pro's: They are the only used outlet that I know of that you will give you a trial period where you can listen to what you bought and then return it if you're not happy. Your only out of pocket will be the shipping costs (to & from).

Con's: Their selection of available components is nowhere near as large as what is on Audiogon.

AUDIOGON: 
                       Pro's: Obviously the large selection. Check the sellers feedback rating and transaction history before buying. I've never had a bad experience on Audiogon.

Con's: Since there is no trial period, you will have to do lots of shopping & listening to be sure of exactly what you want to buy.

Personally, I have bought much more on Audiogon; but, I would not hesitate to purchase from the Music Room. I have a friend who is in the process of purchasing his first system in 30+ years and I have urged him to use The Music Room if possible, since he plans to be used stuff.
As you are new, any system is going to be a huge improvement on what you know.  I get the impression most people here are experienced and have built up their system over years.  I started out with a 1000 Euro Arcam and B&W system when my mass market junk died.  My dealer in Ireland with true integrity assembled a low cost system for my budget that was incredible to me as a newbie.  Spend all your money now and you'll never get to appreciate an upgrade. 
In Ireland a large living room is your size and stand mount speakers fill it easily.  Floorstanders( and I have auditioned many) do nothing extra for me.   Its good to know what you want by listening but listen within your SET budget.  I agree with high sensitivity spec speakers as you may go for a low watt tube amp which can't give power like solid state million watt amps.  Remember when auditioning you're listening to the system.  Fabulous speakers on a poor amp/system  will sound poor.  Good speakers on a great amp will sound good.
I think you're over-analysing.  Dive in at your budget.  Listen to a couple of sources, a couple of speakers, a tube amp versus solid state and just go do it!  Dealers will have used ex-demo items too but ask and walk away from the dealer that laughs at your budget or constantly tries to stretch it beyond affordability.