Thiel 3.7

I auditioned a few speakers in this price range. Thiel 3.7 is my favorite. I have ordered a pari. I am think about the upstream for these speaksers. It seems although 3.7 has 91 db, it is a pig to drive. I have planned to use Bryston BP 26+14 B SST2 to drive it. I will use Ayre CX-7eMP as CD player, and use Cardas cables to make the whole system a little bit warmer and more musical. Can you please comment on this combo, and give me some advice?
BTW, I am wondering if BP 26 has balanced output. Should I use balanced interconnect cable, to make it sounds better?
Thank you in advance!
actuary616
Your Ayre player is fine. But I had Bryston components (7BSTs and a Bp25 pre) upfront of my CS7s and I have to say that the Bryston gear will not bring forth all that your 3.7s will be capable of delivering. It's not so much the current capability, but one of resolution. When I upgraded to Krell KCT and 400cx there was a dramatic, and I mean significant, in all dynamics, extension and air. I'm not saying that Krell is the last word in powering Thiels, but I am saying that the Brystons will only get you so far with these extremely fine speakers. Kudos to you for choosing Thiel, they, along with Vandersteen, are my favorite speaker brands.
Lrsky, it none was other than J. Gordon Holt.
I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Thiel on many occasions, often times free of charge even, though the items were well beyond the warrant period.
Richard,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Thiel support. I had a driver damaged (dented from the dealer's show room) on my CS2.4 and I called Thiel and got right though. I had a new driver in 3 days. The driver was $200 including shipping.
I have had the Bryston 4BST (similar to 7bST) and BP25. The old Bryston is harder on the top end than then newer ones. I now have the 7B-SST with a BAT VK-42SE pre.I find the SST line much more enjoyable, I never was a huge fan of BP25 pre, which I also owned, but I hear the BP26 sounds pretty good. The 14B-SST2 is supposed to take the refinement to tube like levels. Which may not be a great thing for me but most reviews, mags and web, have been extremely positive on the SST2 line.

I will be using the Thiel CS3.7 with Bryston 7B-SST and BAT-VK-42SE. Your choice Bryston BP 26+14 B SST2 is not a weak link. I also use Audience Au24 interconnects.
Unsound,
Thanks for that...I remembered that it was an iconic writer, and certainly Mr. Holt fits into that category.
My vivid memories of those days was the angst that Jim and Kathy suffered...as they shared with me, the devastation of 'holding' those speakers rather than shipping.
It was a special time though--and it gave me an abiding respect for both of them that bordered on, as you can still see today, 'Hero Worship'...
To do the right thing, when it's the hardest thing, isn't something that many people ever do. It helped to shape my business model then AND now.

Good listening,

Larry