Speakers under $5000 maintained a reputation for quality sound over the last 15 years.

I am curious what speakers at $5000 or less that  have maintained their reputation for great sound over the last 12 years without major upgrades. 

Thank you.

S.J.

sunnyjim
Vandersteens and Maggies! Its a shame that Stereophile doesn't keep them on their semi-annual lists because they don't change models so often as to keep them in current review samples.
Seems like both are in Absolute Sounds.  Often I notice great components are in one and not the other.  Very political and that's why I rarely read them anymore.  JMHO.
Hundreds of threads on every audio site: "Tell us your favorite brands" (usually whatever you own).
I personally don't buy anything because of its name.  I didn't even like many of the brands that I know love.  Many reason's for this from changed hearing to knowing different dealers to brands upgrading and changing sound signature.

You can throw out the main brands that have been around with teh same designers. Proac, Vandersteen and Wilson come to mind.  I personally like the newer Wilson's better than the older ones that Dave had designed.  

When Vandy went to carbon fiber it blew me away for SQ (where I put my money after so many Proac years).  There are many newer brands that are producing some great sound and many for a bit less than they could charge.  We are lucky to have enough top lines to listen to for all different hearing types.