Acoustic treatment

I want to build my own bass traps and was wondering if there are any other alternatives to fiberglass and rokwool. Foam is not a consideration as I don't believe it has the necessary qualities for absorption. I have heard of cotton batting, does anyone have experience with this material. The idea of fiberglass makes me itch just thinking about it, but I'm resigned to using it or rokwool if that's all I have.  Please make suggestions and let me know your experiences.

Thanks
Mike
zardozmike
Ok Geoffkait here we go again. Show me solid objective evidence that tube traps work. Before you start spending other peoples money you have to be full of more than BS beside not knowing how to manipulate the math behind the Helmholtz Resonator. And, don't give me manufacturers BS either. How are you going to locate standing waves in a room and exactly at what frequency? What about comb filtering? In the context of what type of loudspeaker?
IMHO the only rational for tube traps is that a lot of people make money on them.
With a constant tone or even a strike point you can find the Resonant Point of any surface of any size or dimension. Tom
Mijostyn,

You may want to  fill with some volume one of your glass objects with olive oil and then compare. Oils will conduct shear depending on their solid content. Distilled water less than salt water..Origin of olive oils will vary in shear velocity. Tom