How far have ss amps really come in the last twenty years?

I have owned and enjoyed my Jeff Rowland model 8 ( recently modded and upgraded by Jeff to the last version) for many years. I recently had the opportunity of comparing it ( after mods) to a few of the current ss models from Gamut, D'Agostino, YBA, Parasound, Sim audio, CH precision, Constellation,PS audio,Pass Labs  and Musical Fidelity. The results were very interesting, because to my ears and in the systems that we did the comparison, the Rowland held its own against all but the most expensive D'Ag and CH amps. Even those were only very slightly outclassing the Rowland in the areas of top end resolution...and a tad in the bottom end resolution. Now the thing is that the last revision to the Rowland 8 was designed by Jeff over ten years ago! 
So, my question for those more technically inclined than myself is...how far has the design of ss amps come in the last ten...or even twenty years? 
128x128daveyf
This post is Awesome and has a fun amount of Drama! 

Can Audiogon update these forums so that pictures can be added in them?

I’d live to post my recent audiology examination and pictures of my current equipment, to share with others. 
Better yet, if I had a lot of equipment and opinions, I’d love to have others come to my home and listen to the four different solid state amplifiers in my system, and tell me that they all sound the same—BEL 1001 mkV, Plinius SA-100 mkII upgraded and updated by Vince Galbo, Aragon 8008B, and Benchmark ABH2–they all sound good, and very different from each other in multiple aspects. And I have two operational systems with the same Loudspeakers. 
Hello folks, this is tangential to the subject, but you may find it amusing. For years and many speakers and components I tried to eliminate ringing that occurred at extended high frequency and volume. Finally, I realized that it was my hearing and not the equipment. You may say how dumb, but hearing is complex. Have a nice day, Dan
 @danl77  I hope you had that problem looked at!

Meanwhile, please let's just stay on the subject.