How come Horn + woofer designs are not more popular?

A couple guys on my audio discord really love the JBL synthesis 4367 and feel that all traditional 3 way tower speakers suck because they have poor bass response and are generally shy sounding. What I wonder is how come the majority of speaker makes do floor standers that are 3 way as oppose to the Horn +woofer design of JBL?

Is there any downsides to the horn + woofer design? Can a horn convey microdetail as well as a Be tweeter like say from magic A or S line? They claim 3 way floor standers are just trendy. But is there anything more to it then that?
smodtactical
I grew up with a big old then-SOA James B Lansing C-31 front-loaded horn speaker driven by Newcomb tube amplification.  The speaker had two 15" active woofers and the potato-masher horn tweeter.  (This was the first version JBL "super corner horn").  It sounded wonderfully dynamic and balanced, not shrill, not shouty, not boomy.  Some of the most "realistic" sound I've heard in a living room.

Many years later, my son unknownst to me bought floor-standing Klipsh's (the less expensive ones).  I was surprised at how good they sounded, since I was aware of the bad reputiona that horns have in the high-end.  I am now keeping my eyes upon for an affordably-priced C-34 that I might used to replace my second stereo system.
Not a horn guy, but I have heard some horn systems I liked (or was surprised at the quality). Never heard any of the newer fancy designs, however. I guess I'm part of the folks that consider them "shouty".

Some people like the immediacy that is presented and I can understand that, especially for those who are into 60s/70s rock.

One thing I can say for the better implemented horns, they do provide excellent reproduction of horns (surprise!) and drum kits from well recorded sources.

I agree with many of the Horn posters above.  Once you hear a good horn speaker, it is hard to go back.  Although I had some issues with the bass keeping up, the sound was the best I ever have heard.  I have also built field coil speakers and those floored me even in my basic stage of development.  You won't hear a better mid-range than a good field coil speaker.  The horns I had were very big, and therefore no WAF and my room is now smaller.

Keep using the good ear for listening.