Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
The Zu website has always had different pricing for US and non-US readers. Non-US pricing has always been a lot higher. It seems as if there was a glitch; and US readers (for a while) saw $4543. It is now $3500.
I know. My point was, an increase from $2600 to $3500 or 35% up isn't insignificant and a further sign that I was approached prematurely. The current direct-sales model does not explain why foreign pricing outside the US would be another $1000 more, does it? It's an entirely different positioning and value proposition.

After I published the Presence review in which Zu announced a return to dealer distribution, the company shortly afterwards reverted to direct sales again and the Presence was quickly discontinued. Given that experience and the current delay and price changes of the Soul, I'm merely reinforced in my decision to sit this one out.
Srajen,

Apologies if wires have gotten crossed. No offence intended.

I was talking to a couple of friends about this last night and I think zu are going to need to act quickly to put this to bed.

One friend noted that they were behaving exactly like a company with excellence in production but perhaps not marketing vacillating between direct sealing dealerships. Next step will be to outsource it.

The reply I had from Gerrit at Zu didn't really enlighten me on why the price rise but, to me, it looks like either the inclusion of first class shipping as you've stated, or, a dealer cut.

Either way, some clarity is urgently required.

I should also add my voice to Fred in saying that I love the reviews. They have been highly influential. I'm still unclear though as to what 6mooons lose b the delay. It's Zu that lose rep rather than 6moons surely and an update to the preview, rather than outright pulling, would surely have been enough for most of us.

Mike
This is now basically 2X the intro price. Who knows what the price will be by the time they decide to send out review samples?
Had the same shenanigans this time last year with Zu Essence on the change over from Dealer Network to Direct Sales, that was one hell of a frustrating 3 months from placing my order with my dealer in the UK, no one knew what was happening at all levels, exacerbated with little or no communication being forthcoming from all levels.
Anyone had similar experiences?

It seems to be a common trait, direct sales - dealer network - direct sales - price increases out of no-where, makes one think twice about dealing with a company with such inconsistencies.

Although Zu speakers are spectacular in my opinion.